Value for $ DigiCam with Manual Ctrls


Status
Not open for further replies.

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#1
I oli noe that the Canon Pwrshot series has manual ctrls at rather reasonable prices, r there any other options? Thks!
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,960
27
48
#2
sure, olympus c4000 z !

;)
 

ekardo

New Member
May 14, 2002
787
0
0
Visit site
#3
fuji s7000...the closest to DSLR..with unlimited video capture..
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#4
Thks for the recommedations! Izzit possible to list out their pros and cons? And hw is the C750? Thks!
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,960
27
48
#5
C750 is a very good cam with manual controls and a 10x optical zoom in a small package. if u like a 12x optical zoom with image stabilization in a camera twice the size, consider the panasonic FZ10.
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#7
Thanks for all the replies. Spent some time reading thru the reviews of the cameras. Actually i'm looking for a camera with manual ctrls and options of having diff lenses. Was looking at the A70 but considering it costs 600+ and adding on the lenses, it will end up maybe 700-900+ depending on wat i buy. Thats why, i consider cameras with gd zoom like FZ10, C-750 etc. Likes the FZ10 a lot and most reviews said its a gd camera. I saw and touched it but was taken aback by its SLR size. The C750 is smaller but was worried abt its quaility of photos at full zoom since it doesnt hve an image stabilizer like FZ10. V undecided so hope u guys can help, thks again! Any comments and recommendations r welcome!
 

Nov 13, 2003
691
0
0
32
Sg
#8
at full zoom, make sure haf high enuff shutter speed den can liao...
shld be able 2 do so outdoors as its bright enuff.... also can try learn some shooting techniques to help keep the camera steady....
but frankly speaking, on my camera (c730) i seldom ever use up to max zoom... usually i use most up to like 200-250mm equiv...... onli used max a FEW times :) , not to discount the 10x zoom, its realli good and fun to have :) ......
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#9
hmm...at 200-250mm r the fotos subject to blurness? Or r they as bad at full zoom?

hammer_400 said:
at full zoom, make sure haf high enuff shutter speed den can liao...
shld be able 2 do so outdoors as its bright enuff.... also can try learn some shooting techniques to help keep the camera steady....
but frankly speaking, on my camera (c730) i seldom ever use up to max zoom... usually i use most up to like 200-250mm equiv...... onli used max a FEW times :) , not to discount the 10x zoom, its realli good and fun to have :) ......
 

Nov 13, 2003
691
0
0
32
Sg
#10
lol.... "subject to blurness"... make it sound so funny :)

photos onli blur due to camera shake....
when taking a shot a wide angle, if ur hand shake abit, the image will still look sharp.... but at telephoto, if ur hand shake abit, the shake is exagerated wat so may appear blur....
but if u shoot at high enuff shutter speeds, ur hand got no time to shake much ( how much can ur hand shake in 1/250 s ? ) , so would'nt be blur ...
for myself, i find can take reasonably sharp pics at 1/30 s at around 200mm ...
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#11
:> i get wat u mean. I think i dun realli hve steady hands just ok and they dun last long...Wonder will the C-760 come 2 sg and hw much it will costs...

hammer_400 said:
lol.... "subject to blurness"... make it sound so funny :)

photos onli blur due to camera shake....
when taking a shot a wide angle, if ur hand shake abit, the image will still look sharp.... but at telephoto, if ur hand shake abit, the shake is exagerated wat so may appear blur....
but if u shoot at high enuff shutter speeds, ur hand got no time to shake much ( how much can ur hand shake in 1/250 s ? ) , so would'nt be blur ...
for myself, i find can take reasonably sharp pics at 1/30 s at around 200mm ...
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,960
27
48
#12
m3csl said:
:> i get wat u mean. I think i dun realli hve steady hands just ok and they dun last long...Wonder will the C-760 come 2 sg and hw much it will costs...
steady hands can train one. every nite b4 u sleep, take out your cam and practice holding it steady, then press the shutter... it's a bit like taking aim with a rifle. then i promise u, in 3 months u will have very steady hands.
 

#13
m3csl said:
Actually i'm looking for a camera with manual ctrls and options of having diff lenses.
if you are talking about switching lenses, then i think you can only consider dslrs cos for most pro-sumer cameras, it will cost too much to have add-on telecon or wide angle. if so, i think you should reconsider what you really can afford with your budget.

i think the members here will be more able to assist you if you gave a idea of what range you are looking at too. everyone has a different yardstick for considering what is a value for money digi cam. one person may say $300, and another may say $900 (for example)

zaren said:
steady hands can train one. every nite b4 u sleep, take out your cam and practice holding it steady, then press the shutter... it's a bit like taking aim with a rifle. then i promise u, in 3 months u will have very steady hands.
if all else fails, just get a tripod :D

** just my 2 cents worth mate!
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#14
haha thks for the tips! anyway its digi can train and take nite shots at the same time!

zaren said:
steady hands can train one. every nite b4 u sleep, take out your cam and practice holding it steady, then press the shutter... it's a bit like taking aim with a rifle. then i promise u, in 3 months u will have very steady hands.
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#15
Thks for the tips! In tis case, i think ultra zoom camera will suits my budget then. DSLR is way out of my budget. My budget is ard 600-900.

Retro said:
if you are talking about switching lenses, then i think you can only consider dslrs cos for most pro-sumer cameras, it will cost too much to have add-on telecon or wide angle. if so, i think you should reconsider what you really can afford with your budget.

i think the members here will be more able to assist you if you gave a idea of what range you are looking at too. everyone has a different yardstick for considering what is a value for money digi cam. one person may say $300, and another may say $900 (for example)



if all else fails, just get a tripod :D

** just my 2 cents worth mate!
 

Nov 13, 2003
691
0
0
32
Sg
#16
Retro said:
if you are talking about switching lenses, then i think you can only consider dslrs cos for most pro-sumer cameras, it will cost too much to have add-on telecon or wide angle. if so, i think you should reconsider what you really can afford with your budget.
yeah, add on lenses are quite ex $$$, for the oly, need the cla-4 adaptor (approx $40) for filters ..., then if u wan wide angle, the wcon17 ( i think $ 150 ) and onli 0.7x.... ex ex ex $ $ $ ...
by the time u spend on all the adaptors/teleconvertors/etc can get oly C5060 liao....
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#17
yeah thks i came 2 that conclusion too so considering some models like C-750, FZ10, etc Got other options 2 share?

hammer_400 said:
yeah, add on lenses are quite ex $$$, for the oly, need the cla-4 adaptor (approx $40) for filters ..., then if u wan wide angle, the wcon17 ( i think $ 150 ) and onli 0.7x.... ex ex ex $ $ $ ...
by the time u spend on all the adaptors/teleconvertors/etc can get oly C5060 liao....
 

Nov 13, 2003
691
0
0
32
Sg
#18
Other ultra-zooms are the Fuji finepix 5000 and the MInolta Z1... IMO both are below the Olys...
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,960
27
48
#19
hmmm.... dunno if u r able to find a 2nd hand nikon 5700 for $900...

:think:
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#20
hammer_400: Does that mean oli C-750 suits my needs? And its the best uz cam out there?

zaren: Thks but $900 is rather steep for a 2nd hand 2 me. Is it realli that gd?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom