valentine's present help!


Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefen

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
446
0
0
38
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
#1
Am in a pretty stable 4 year relationship.

Have given her diamond earrings, watches, handbags, electrical synthesizer (1k ++), clothes, home cooked meals, 99 roses, painted her room, knitted her a picture, take photographs, and so on.

Any suggestions how I can make this valentines a special one?

Please gimme your suggestions!!!

:cry: :sweat:
 

FLiNcHY

New Member
Mar 15, 2002
668
0
0
37
Visit site
#4
Get all the pictures you've taken with her over the 4 years together.
and use iMovie to create a musical picture slideshow of all the photos from past till present.

You can use songs like

"in this life" by colin raye
"love of my life" Jim brickman and michael w.smith
"beautiful in my eyes" by Joshua kadison

Save it to a dvd or cd. Trust me, it'll bring tears to her eyes. :cry: without even breaking the bank to buy her material things that she will throw in her closet, rot away or forget over the years.

Gotta love the Mac ;) :lovegrin:
 

ransoma22

New Member
Mar 31, 2002
1,212
0
0
KTV Lounge Hall
#6
FLiNcHY said:
Get all the pictures you've taken with her over the 4 years together.
and use iMovie to create a musical picture slideshow of all the photos from past till present.

You can use songs like

"in this life" by colin raye
"love of my life" Jim brickman and michael w.smith
"beautiful in my eyes" by Joshua kadison

Save it to a dvd or cd. Trust me, it'll bring tears to her eyes. :cry: without even breaking the bank to buy her material things that she will throw in her closet, rot away or forget over the years.

Gotta love the Mac ;) :lovegrin:

Yup agreed with what Flinchy say....
find some love poems from the net and add in ...
Since you had bought her so many stuffs, it best to handmade some stuffs to make this valentine a special one :)


Use this song by Shania Twain too.
From this moment - Shania Twain

I do swear that I'll always be there
I'd give anything and everything and I will always care
Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow
for better, for worse, I will love you with every beat of my heart

From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on

From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love I'd give my last breath
From this moment on

I give my hand to you with all my heart
I can't wait to live my life with you
I can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on ohhhhh

You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you as long as I live
From this moment on
 

Stefen

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
446
0
0
38
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
#7
Flinchy, your suggestion is pretty good, and one to try for her birthday.. not now when i have less than 5 working days left... :bsmilie:

I once filled her room (hostel room) with 300 balloons, 100 roses and decorated her whole room with red paper and one huge card. I think I topped myself on our first year of relationship.

Cannot marry leh...no money, no career....

think of something cheap and good and easy to make/buy..... :sweatsm:

suggestions please continue coming in!
 

Stefen

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
446
0
0
38
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
#8
handmade stuff?

got lah, but i a bit busy for all these liaoz...
maybe i can copy some poem off the net..haha

i once suggested to my friend to take pictures of all the locations that he has brought the gal, and compile it into a photo album with dates and comments. finally the last shot to be taken at the exact location where they are at the moment, with the same present in hand which is in the photo.

coolz right? ;)
 

leonzhu

New Member
May 12, 2003
212
0
0
33
Singapore
thegeekphoto.com
#9
Stefen said:
Flinchy, your suggestion is pretty good, and one to try for her birthday.. not now when i have less than 5 working days left... :bsmilie:

I once filled her room (hostel room) with 300 balloons, 100 roses and decorated her whole room with red paper and one huge card. I think I topped myself on our first year of relationship.

Cannot marry leh...no money, no career....

think of something cheap and good and easy to make/buy..... :sweatsm:

suggestions please continue coming in!
a movie in imovie is not difficult, just one good night's work!
 

FLiNcHY

New Member
Mar 15, 2002
668
0
0
37
Visit site
#10
Yup
one night is all you need

But you just need to prepare all the photographs

About 50 photographs, each lasting 5 seconds each will do for one song

All you need is one song.

And don't use all those song's that recieve constant airplay on the radio.

use song's she never hear before but very meaningful lyrics

"When you say you love me" Josh Groban (fantastic song)
"those sweet words" Norah Jones
 

FLiNcHY

New Member
Mar 15, 2002
668
0
0
37
Visit site
#11
Stefen said:
Flinchy, your suggestion is pretty good, and one to try for her birthday.. not now when i have less than 5 working days left... :bsmilie:

I once filled her room (hostel room) with 300 balloons, 100 roses and decorated her whole room with red paper and one huge card. I think I topped myself on our first year of relationship.

Cannot marry leh...no money, no career....

think of something cheap and good and easy to make/buy..... :sweatsm:

suggestions please continue coming in!
Dude, you gotta stop doing all these insane stuff. It's not worth the time and money. It just lasts for that moment and then it's gone.

Give her something that she will treasure for ages to come
 

Jun 2, 2002
975
0
0
hErE lAh
#12
FLiNcHY said:
Dude, you gotta stop doing all these insane stuff. It's not worth the time and money. It just lasts for that moment and then it's gone.

Give her something that she will treasure for ages to come
Wise words I'd say.

Totally agree with u abt "It just lasts for that moment and then it's gone". I used to like receiving flowers from my husband but like u say, the best part about receiving it is the moment I get it & that's it! However having said that, being a gal, I dun mind receiving it once in a while :)
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#13
Wrap yourself up in a red ribbon and present yourself to her ;)

Ok ok, just kidding.

Anyway, a date is just as special as any other, just be yourself, enjoy yourselves, just stay home and snug infront of the TV. What matters is not the amount of money and effort spent, what matters is the quality of the time spent together.

Maybe you should just go easy, spend as little as possible and yet try to fulfill the V day's mood to the maximum :) try walking down old memory lanes like in Chinatown or old towns, having meals at quaint coffeeshops and reliving the initial days of when you both first met and how it started.

Or maybe this might be the right time for you to propose to her and get ROM first.
 

FLiNcHY

New Member
Mar 15, 2002
668
0
0
37
Visit site
#14
lavenderlilz said:
Wise words I'd say.

Totally agree with u abt "It just lasts for that moment and then it's gone". I used to like receiving flowers from my husband but like u say, the best part about receiving it is the moment I get it & that's it! However having said that, being a gal, I dun mind receiving it once in a while :)
Haha.

Anything can last that moment. It's a matter of whether it stays on or not

In the case of this 4 minute music slideshow i'm proposing, the moment will last for 4 minutes and linger on long after that, climaxing somewhere in between the 1st and 2nd minute :bsmilie: :bsmilie: The girl will be so overwhelmed with :heart: that she will break down and cry

Also, make sure the lights are dimly lit, so maybe you can surpise her with a bouquet of roses right after the video ends or something like that.

Let's see, total cost should be about 50 dollars, just for the roses. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: maybe abit more if you want to put it in a dvd.Cheap cheap, put in cd, but lose abit of quality.

Sigh, too bad i got no gf anymore,that's why waste time plotting this kind of senseless stuff for other people. But also good, no need to spend money.

Doing Insane stuff like filling the whole room with roses is only for movies. And you won't be able to keep it up forever. 10 years down the road, you'll be going to kopitiam for valentines day dinner :bsmilie:
 

Jun 2, 2002
975
0
0
hErE lAh
#15
FLiNcHY said:
Doing Insane stuff like filling the whole room with roses is only for movies. And you won't be able to keep it up forever. 10 years down the road, you'll be going to kopitiam for valentines day dinner :bsmilie:
True true.

We went to restaurants for the 1st 3 valentines. On the 4th valentine - eat at home but my husband cooked dinner (for the first time) ;p

But the feeling is still just as good - that your other half actually bothers :)
 

Jun 2, 2002
975
0
0
hErE lAh
#17
FLiNcHY said:
This year, Kopitiam already.

Too lazy to cook! :bsmilie:

This year have or dun have also nvm mind - not important anymore liao! :bsmilie:

In one of my previous companines, there was this woman who'd get presents from husband (who also works in the same company) - her husband is the boss's brother. One year she got this huge bear delivered to her with flowers from the florist - like my height & I saw her struggling to carry out to the front for her husband to fetch her. I thought it was still sweet that her husband sent her the bear. One of my colleagues asked me - why send to office? Dun they see each other at home? Another explained it as woman like to hold flowers or stuff like tat one valentine's day to parade around (like what u'd see in town) like a trophy that they still got their man's adoration :bsmilie:
 

whoelse

Senior Member
Oct 17, 2003
1,228
0
36
#18
Shoot some nice photos of your gf and frame them up for her?
Drive her to Kranji dam midnite, load some nice color balloons, hide a bottle of champaign, strawberry cake in the car boot and ask her to open - surprise. :D

lavenderlilz, your white cat and my black cat?
Cute...where is Azure?
 

Jun 2, 2002
975
0
0
hErE lAh
#19
whoelse said:
Shoot some nice photos and frame-up for her :D

lavenderlilz, your white cat and my black cat?
Cute...where is Azure?
i've got a chocolate brown cat too :)
 

whoelse

Senior Member
Oct 17, 2003
1,228
0
36
#20
lavenderlilz said:
i've got a chocolate brown cat too :)
I have some cats too, we go to appropriate sub forum and post some, ask more to contribute, we can see different cats :bsmilie: u start i follow :bsmilie:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom