Vaio zoom Concept!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamapi

Deregistered
Feb 27, 2008
The Vaio Zoom notebook concept takes everything we know about holographic technology and squeezes it inside a thin glass form factor. When off, the screen is completely transparent and the keyboard goes opaque. Turn it on and the touchscreen holographic festivities begin. Even the mouse buttons are holographic!

http://www.yankodesign.com/index.php/2007/09/18/futuristic-vaio-zoom/

It's still a concept though. Its touchscreen must be based on the upcoming Windows 7, which is based on touchscreen technology.

Judging from the number of phd theses on piezoelectric touch interfaces coming out of MIT and other engineering schools (a lot), I guess the future is going that way.

Now we have iPod touch and iPhone - soon everyone is gonna jump on that bandwagon. Fridges, microwaves, electric blenders, TVs...

Actually i prefer my remote for the TV :bsmilie:

And imagine a 30 inch touchscreen PC, why would I want to swish my arm a couple of feet if i can do the same thing by twitching my mouse an inch?

Hopefully style does not squish function...

Judging from the number of phd theses on piezoelectric touch interfaces coming out of MIT and other engineering schools (a lot), I guess the future is going that way.

Now we have iPod touch and iPhone - soon everyone is gonna jump on that bandwagon. Fridges, microwaves, electric blenders, TVs...

Actually i prefer my remote for the TV :bsmilie:

And imagine a 30 inch touchscreen PC, why would I want to swish my arm a couple of feet if i can do the same thing by twitching my mouse an inch?

Hopefully style does not squish function...

Now imagine a touchscreen remote with thumbnail images showing what's playing on the other channels...

Status
Not open for further replies.