vagrant

bullseyez

Dec 20, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
4458854221_e5c8f3030f.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, contrast, PP

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Black and white, also wanna to show some art work of street photograph.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
During one of the outing with my friends, i saw this uncle at the back alley of CBD area, respect him as he is really old and yet he was collecting all those cardboards for a living. Kinda feel sorry for this uncle. Yet i am amazed with his will of suriving in such a condition.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
This was cropped from a bigger picture and I'm hoping to show that kind of condition that uncle have to suffer from.

maybe its too soft focus on the object.

nice try

Keep Shooting:thumbsup:

your photo itself is telling a story. good job.

The picture fell pretty short of what you're trying to achieve in many ways. Firstly, the picture was taken where you are on an elevation higher than the subject here, making it hard to feel any 'respect' of the person. If anything, it felt more like looking down.

Secondly, the crop is so wide that it almost seems like you're trying to make the subject here just one of the element in a scene you are seeing everyday. It makes me wonder even who is the real vagrant here, the subject or the OP.

Although a much much tighter crop around the subject would probably send a closer message to what you're trying to get at, but believe me, a cropped image would not convey the same perspective as getting up close with a wider lens.

As a pure black and white photography image though, I must say that the tone and contrast are done up quite fine. There are a number of stray objects though that are fighting for the same amount of attention though, like the cloth on the left, the white paper on the chair (also on the left) and the white styrofoam cup hanging on the wheelchair. And the attempt to use vignette to reduce the attention of the high contrast background object is good too.