Uwcs Shootout .... III !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beivied

May 8, 2003
East, Singapore
LOB
Operator: hope I dont need to say it online la hor ... deh, the dive operator who does LOB around Tioman one .. dont have a lot la hor ..
Estimated Capacity: 15 divers

Prerequisites: AOWD minimum

I chose this dive center/boat partly because of the food :D, and also that if weather conditions are fine, we can dive sites like golden reef, magicienne rock, maybe tiger reef and second day bahara.

I am thinking of chartering the boat. as for dates, probably can have a few suggestions and we have a poll?

How much and can non photographers go too?

would kthan be convinced to do one more before he stops finning and starts feeding??? very tempted.... i will save one dollar a day from now until u announce the dates... *eyes glued* pockets burnt!

eh just curious... this is III, when was II???

DTan said:
would kthan be convinced to do one more before he stops finning and starts feeding??? very tempted.... i will save one dollar a day from now until u announce the dates... *eyes glued* pockets burnt!

II at hantu if im not wrong lor..

eh i going tioman end of june leh.. :p

DTan said:

Ideally II was teh 7 Skies trip that we were in .............

haha, waisj is right, II is the Seven Skies trip. Hantu was only siaoon and I, cannot consider as UWCS trip. :)

Dates I am asking you guys ma. What would you guys prefer?

As for the price, it depends if we can get 15 divers to share out the chartering cost or not. By the way, the chartering will include two mini buses. So everything will be taken care of.

I wonder if kng can get a better quote from the operator than i do :think:

since waisj would like a longer weekend, def the price will be higher... but lets see how the majority wants it.

so? any preferred dates? for myself june is no longer ok for diving la...

why don't u start a poll? is that possible? choose the weekend of july and august perhaps.

Personally june, late august till early november cuz impossible for me. so july left for me. but upon saying that, price is the most crucial factor. Can drive up again or not? Cheaper? hahah!

we are adding another pre-requisite that besides being an AOWD diver, ideally the diver should have at least 20 logged dives. we are hoping to dive the advanced dive sites in tioman, so having a minimal dive experience is rather essential.

non photographer ah ... if there is at least four of you non photographer to form a group then it should be fine. if we have only one non photographer the person may be bored to death as we slowly pore the seabed for critters and spend time composing our shots.

for price, please pm me.

DTan, i intend to start a poll only when people start to suggest and i collate a few dates. dont wanna have dates that doesnt suit anyone.

the chartering includes two mini buses leh. and we are hoping to get 15 divers. i think quite difficult to drive up like that.

Ok, the bang for my buck would be the long national day weekend . Can anyone check the tide tables? if not we might be flushed with strong currents

I'd prefer a long weekend. More dives and maybe can go both aur and tioman, depending on situation.

Dates are August 7-9. Might be able to do 12 dives?

Again these would be advanced sites, Most probably photographers will need to do their own profile, whilst sticking to their buddy pairs.

There will be a different arrangement for non-photographers. If there are enough responses.

Dtan, Kng and Waisj,

thot u fellas wanna try out Kaleesbo (or somehting like that).....try all the boats lah, then u know which one is good for wat.

this boat charges in RM.

eric

Heh.. yeah.. that is under my consideration as well. Will need to ask Seow Peng for the contacts though....

Now who wouldn't want back pepper crabs for dinner.. and No night dives? :devil: ...

As a huge night dive fan myself, the sumptious meal will .......... definitely make me skew towards ..... FOOD :bsmilie:

if i'm not wrong, august 7 to 9 shd be the last quarter of the moon phase. does that mean it's not strong currents? (strongest during full and new is that true?)

kthan said:
Dtan, Kng and Waisj,

thot u fellas wanna try out Kaleesbo (or somehting like that).....try all the boats lah, then u know which one is good for wat.

this boat charges in RM.

eric

calypso i think. would love to.. non divers recommended on the boat. :)
actually i dunno which boat is beivied suggesting..

Dtan, Kng and Waisj,

this boat charges in RM.

Dtan, no go for me. Promise is a promise. how about joining us to Lembeh? Offer still stands for the camera (got WA and macro lens too) u will love the macro using digital.

eric

kthan = :devil: :devil:
makes me :sweat:
very :nono:

frankly i would LOVE to LOVE to LOVE to go, not just the place but for the company.

But u know my limitations. Can't afford another trip so soon and (alone somemore). Two people confirm out so please please please don't tempt me any further. Otherwise u will see a string of failed robberies in the papers by someone in a wetsuit and hood and mask and snorkel. :cry: wanna go. I go buy 4d now...

DTan said:
kthan = :devil: :devil:
makes me :sweat:
very :nono:

frankly i would LOVE to LOVE to LOVE to go, not just the place but for the company.

But u know my limitations. Can't afford another trip so soon and (alone somemore). Two people confirm out so please please please don't tempt me any further. Otherwise u will see a string of failed robberies in the papers by someone in a wetsuit and hood and mask and snorkel. :cry: wanna go. I go buy 4d now...

OH i've thought of the robbery before, so i can do my rebreather course :p

maybe we can team up, the mama shops will be easy target. i jump on the indian uncle you grab what ever you can ok? :p

kthan said:
Dtan, Kng and Waisj,

this boat charges in RM.

eric
Yes yes... we'll ask SP for the contact details and get a quote. Frankly, the black pepper crab (yup yup, not orang utan crab, hermit crab, anemone crab...) is a major attraction (sigh - we all so greedy ;p ). Then Beivied can also get a quote for MV V****** and we can compare and decide.

Frankly, if we want to do national day, have to book fast cos its a long weekend and bound to be super popular.

Hi, newbie want to join. Did my open water last year december. Haven't dive since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.