UWA zoom lens or prime lens

michaelwks

Deregistered
Jun 21, 2011
SGP
Which one will do a good job in term of function, weight, IQ, for indoor and outdoor.

Can it be compare between? As i saw some info over the internet, they does the comparison.

Which one will do a good job in term of function, weight, IQ, for indoor and outdoor.
You define what is 'good job', then go and check the details of each lens to see whether they perform up to your expectations.
And: lens performance is not depending on indoor or outdoor, climate or weather will not affect the characteristics of glass :)
Another point: such generic questions cannot get a clear answer, too many options and variables that can affect the results. Be more specific, please.

Thanks for replied. :)
You define what is 'good job', then go and check the details of each lens to see whether they perform up to your expectations.
And: lens performance is not depending on indoor or outdoor, climate or weather will not affect the characteristics of glass :)
Another point: such generic questions cannot get a clear answer, too many options and variables that can affect the results. Be more specific, please.

The best part is, you did not even mention which camera you are using... Crop or FF?

if UWA of course crop.

for example : EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM vs EF 24mm f/1.4L USM for APS-C camera

if UWA of course crop.

Sorry, you are not making any sense.

for example : EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM vs EF 24mm f/1.4L USM for APS-C camera

16-35 is a UWA for FF camera bodies. On a 1.6x crop sensor camera, it becomes a standard zoom.

24mm is a wide angle (not ultra) for FF camera bodies. On 1.6x crop sensor camera it becomes a wide normal lens.

So I have no idea what you want now.

sorry for trouble. forget my question and thanks !

Question was started from my frend's and difficult to pass the mess on board.

Last edited: