UWA option

wilb87

Dec 19, 2010
I am looking for an affordable UWA option to add to my kit, wondering if anyone got any affordable UWA lens to introduce.

Looking for decent performance and a fixed focal length (below 16mm) , also affordable

Found a Rokinon FE14M-P 14mm F2.8 on Amazon, any opinions on it?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VSGZ4S...e=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B003VSGZ4S

This lens is similar to the Bower, Samyang, Falcon, etc brands you can find in the UK and USA. All are OEM from Samyang.

There is a distributor in SG that brings in the Samyang brand from Korea. Why not look at our own Pentax UWA but manual lenses? That is another option.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/category-SMC-Pentax-A-Lenses.html

This lens is similar to the Bower, Samyang, Falcon, etc brands you can find in the UK and USA. All are OEM from Samyang.

There is a distributor in SG that brings in the Samyang brand from Korea. Why not look at our own Pentax UWA but manual lenses? That is another option.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/category-SMC-Pentax-A-Lenses.html

i think TS will be better off considering the DA15.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-DA-15mm-F4-Limited-Lens.html

the old A-15mm is really quite rare. hard to find, expensive when found.

The DA 15mm image quality is very good from what i see in the reviews compared to the flare problems in the 14mm mentioned in a few review. Most probably will be the one i am looking for, although it still isn't affordable.

Any user of the samyang lenses?

Samyang is manual focus ( not a issue if u use hyperfocal ) just take note

I am looking for an affordable UWA option to add to my kit, wondering if anyone got any affordable UWA lens to introduce.

Looking for decent performance and a fixed focal length (below 16mm) , also affordable

Found a Rokinon FE14M-P 14mm F2.8 on Amazon, any opinions on it?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VSGZ4S...e=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B003VSGZ4S

What is your budget?

Sigma 10-20mm (if you can find a grey set or second hand) is quite affordable. :)

I heard the Samyang 14mm is pretty ok, just that MF can be such a pain. Nonetheless, if you're using it for the most part for landscapes, it should not be an issue. Just that 14mm after Crop Factor of 1.5x is none too wide.

budget will be around 700, of course if there is a cheaper decent performer it will be good. thanks everyone for your inputs

budget will be around 700, of course if there is a cheaper decent performer it will be good. thanks everyone for your inputs

Sigma 10-20 should fit the bill (if u get. Grey set)

If 15mm ok for u , do consider da 15mm . Only 791

If 15mm ok for u , do consider da 15mm . Only 791

agree with simon on this... if the price difference from your budget is only $100+, its worthwhile to consider the DA15.

AF, trusted quality and easier to re-sell. will not lose much if u decide to sell to fund other equipment later.

for the da15mm can use screw on filter like the b+w nd110? thinking about getting the da15mm but not sure if can use filter due to the built in hood...

I think the price of 15mm have drop from 900plus to 700 coming to 800.As for the 10-20mm local have also drop to 700 plus which i enquire last week....Hope the infor help... :)

I think the price of 15mm have drop from 900plus to 700 coming to 800.As for the 10-20mm local have also drop to 700 plus which i enquire last week....Hope the infor help... :)

waa..1st time hear tat lens prices drop..:bsmilie:

sigma 10-20 f4 to 5.6
from what i get the information
quote from slrr $744 - no stock
quote from tk $755 (around) - will help u place order

sigma 10-20 f3.5
quote slrr $1019 - not able to put filter . not really recommend for landscape shooting

tamron uwa - IQ not that good ( from what i read from website and remember correctly )

700 new?

Are you kidding me, grey is it. All the people in B&S seem to be selling at that price last I checked 1-2 months ago.

sigma 10-20 f4 to 5.6

sigma 10-20 f3.5
quote slrr $1019 - not able to put filter . not really recommend for landscape shooting

tamron uwa - IQ not that good ( from what i read from website and remember correctly )

Sigma 10-20 f3.5 can put filter . Confirm .
It's 8-16mm that can't . Bro I think u confuse liao

sigma 10-20 f4 to 5.6

sigma 10-20 f3.5

I thought 10-20 f/3.5 can put in filter? only 8-16 is unable...

700 new?

Are you kidding me, grey is it. All the people in B&S seem to be selling at that price last I checked 1-2 months ago.

Local set bro..;)

haha sorry my bad lol