UWA HDR shot over water surface

do a low strength version

layer duplicate in photoshop

up the contrast of the sky using curves, if you read up and understand how to do it (google photoshop curves), you can achieve something like what you see...

and then erase the top layer such that you will have a natural looking scene with increased contrast in the sky alone.

hope this helps.

as for the weeds, i would lose them.

Thank you.

-_-" I think you have the intellect to comprehen that I was asking what you mean, not what it is....

I think many of us already told you that many elements in your picture are glowing as if they are radioactive. But yet you still ask again and again and again.

I thanked night86mare sincerely for giving clear advices on what to do. I will also thank you if you do.

well.. looks like you prefer spoon feeding rather than getting the thought process.

Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
well.. looks like you prefer spoon feeding rather than getting the thought process.

Whatever floats your boat.

Looks like you don't understand that I'm just trying to be nice to ask you not to add anymore insults. Yet you step in again.

Night86mare is nice enough not to totally ignore me even after he said he did and I'm thankful for his advice. Ever since you posted those godzilla pics, there's nothing but insults added to the thread. You had critic the pics and I appriciate you inputs, please do not step over the line and judge me as a person.

Looks like you don't understand that I'm just trying to be nice to ask you not to add anymore insults. Yet you step in again.

Night86mare is nice enough not to totally ignore me even after he said he did and I'm thankful for his advice. Ever since you posted those godzilla pics, there's nothing but insults added to the thread. You had critic the pics and I appriciate you inputs, please do not step over the line and judge me as a person.

Did I ever judge you as a person? :dunno:
And did I insult you? :dunno:

Don't think so. Don't get so emo.

Last edited:
Did I ever judge you as a person? :dunno:
And did I insult you? :dunno:

Don't think so. Don't get so emo.

The godzilla pictures are really uncalled for. Calling me a spoon feeder when someone helpfully hands down a full package is also uncalled for.

I can see that you did great work from your website and I'm impressed. But here I'm trying to find inputs to improve. If you have opinions, please share. Making fun of people? Please keep it to yourself.

The godzilla pictures are really uncalled for. Calling me a spoon feeder when someone helpfully hands down a full package is also uncalled for.

I can see that you did great work from your website and I'm impressed. But here I'm trying to find inputs to improve. If you have opinions, please share. Making fun of people? Please keep it to yourself.

sorry that you are so sensitive.

i will no longer post in your threads so as to avoid hurting your ego.

sorry.

I took advice from night86mare and MRSAMO and updated this pic. I still couldn't grasped well on the photoshop technics that you guys mentioned and educate. Please comment and critic.

DSC_5474_5_6_c1_tonemapped.jpg

To Daredevil123:
If you look at post #8 and #12 of this thread, these are useful comments and it's made by you. Which are what I'm hoping to see. Constructive comments. An outright "Your picture sucks" and "It's radioactive" is fine too as they are honest, a direction pointing to fault would be a nice touch if you wish to input but even if not it's ok. However, post #24 and #45 is really not that helpful. I'm still open ears to this current picture that I just posted. Hoping to see some constructive comments from all bros here and especially you since I'd seen so much wonders in your website.

I took advice from night86mare and MRSAMO and updated this pic. I still couldn't grasped well on the photoshop technics that you guys mentioned and educate. Please comment and critic.

DSC_5474_5_6_c1_tonemapped.jpg

To Daredevil123:
If you look at post #8 and #12 of this thread, these are useful comments and it's made by you. Which are what I'm hoping to see. Constructive comments. An outright "Your picture sucks" and "It's radioactive" is fine too as they are honest, a direction pointing to fault would be a nice touch if you wish to input but even if not it's ok. However, post #24 and #45 is really not that helpful. I'm still open ears to this current picture that I just posted. Hoping to see some constructive comments from all bros here and especially you since I'd seen so much wonders in your website.

Composition is definitely much better. You can use a tad more contrast, especially in the trees. There is still some significant haloing, especially where the blue sky meets the trees and around the clouds.

Personally, I have already ditched Photomatix. Using Photomatix HDR to get more dynamic range sacrifices too much in a picture. It makes graduation in the sky very uneven, haloing and low contrast among other problems.

I have either opted for exposure blending using layers in photoshop, or just brute force Graduated filters in lightroom or just use adjustment brushes to get what I need. I can get what I need controlling exposure in different parts of the picture, and also playing around with the fill light, blacks, recovery and clarity sliders in lightroom.

That said, that is my preference. One man's meat may be poison to another. If you feel your picture exhibits a style that you like. By all means, stay with it.

Last edited:
Don't need to perfect the picture bah? After some tweaking can find the effects u like then can liao. Don't bother to applease everyone here. It's your picture, u like can liao

Thanks for your reply daredevil123. I will take note on the lightroom tools. Would probably go into learning how to use ND & GND filters from now on.

Sin77 is probably right too, because, strangely, nikonclub accepts my very first pic for editor's choice. As the saying goes, 各花入各眼.

Cowseye said:
Thanks for your reply daredevil123. I will take note on the lightroom tools. Would probably go into learning how to use ND & GND filters from now on.

Sin77 is probably right too, because, strangely, nikonclub accepts my very first pic for editor's choice. As the saying goes, 各花入各眼.

The graduated filters I mentioned are not the physical kind but ones you can drag and drop in lightroom. Many options for you to adjust. Exposure, clarity, saturation, color, just to mention a few.