uv sticker or 52 mm filter better for LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.

veuxtres

Mar 28, 2009
hi lx3 is my 1st cam, and juz own it 2 days super noob here :embrass: i'd like to ask abt is the uv sticker or the 52 mm adapter type is better ? because im worry tat get a cheaper 1 will affect the pic quality...can any1 tell me where to get the uv for LX3? price , brand and location ...thanks !!!
the 52mm adepter i should get original by panasonic right ..or any better ?
i don mind abt price(but don too high pls LOL)

2nd question is how to clean the micro fiber "hair" on my lens totally? coz when i use in to clean the finger print on the lens the "hair" keep left on the lens been spent 30 mins i still unable to clean it
URGENT PLS CAUSE I LOVE MY LX3 VERY MUCH!!!!!

Last edited:
if you're concerned about picture quality at all you'll stay off all non-quality lenses.

your leica lens in the lx3 is as good as what you put in front of it - sticker, poor glass etc.
it may not show under normal conditions but anytime with stray light, all your colour and contrast will go.

if you really want to protect your camera, go for a tube adaptor and put on a proper quality 52mm UV filter by a reputable brand. from there you can add on polarizers and other add on lenses to increase its versatility.

so why did you go for the lx3 in ther first place ? if you're worried about taking hard knocks, I'd suggest you pick up a waterproof camera from olympus or canon. without filters I'd bet these would produce better pictures too.

the lx3 is going to be worth half its price 2 years down the road when the lx4 comes out, i'd say the correct perspective is the number of high quality keepers you're going to have at the end of it, it won't be worth more even if it looks new.

lol yea at the moment i might get the lx4;)
any expert could tell me which brand of filter i should buy ( for protect the lens uv filter is the 1 i should get i right? i mean once use the filter i just use it like screen protector and just leave it no need to take it off from my lens)

sry if my questions are too noob:embrass:

Last edited:
actually dont need any of these if you are careful with the camera.
the adaptor for filter mounting very bulky.. i have it and i dont use it (its usable with a 46mm filter)

wahahaha ok i'll happy for save money!;p thnx for the answer!

just incase you need to visualize how it would look with a filter

without filter, the lens is small and protrudes out, when you turn off the lens goes back into body

8a0399a2.jpg

with the filter and adaptor.. the camera becomes very bulky...
037e5909.jpg

arr.. ic :think: so the use filter as a protector is not a must correct ? if the lens wont scratch easily i think i wont get tat... by the way tat is a 52mm ? look smaller than i tot:what: how much u get tat and brand ? and thnx for ur help man ! omg i was so worry abt how to protect my camera cause im 1st time to own it

Last edited:
you might not need to protect your lens, but there will come to a point where the adapter tube is very useful. Eg when you are inside a building and you want to take a photo of the outside scenary, shooting behind the glass is not that great right? That is where the adapter tube is useful and you can now press the camera firmly on the glass and the photo will be taken as if there is no glass. The adapter tube also act like a semi hood to block out stray light that might result in light flares on your photos, not to say that you maybe even likely to interested later in your photography life to use various other useful filters like CPL,ND,GND filter, all very useful filters for normal photography.

arr.. ic :think: so the use filter as a protector is not a must correct ? if the lens wont scratch easily i think i wont get tat... by the way tat is a 52mm ? look smaller than i tot:what: how much u get tat and brand ? and thnx for ur help man ! omg i was so worry abt how to protect my camera cause im 1st time to own it

46mm filter, the adaptor tube is $40, the filter was $30

^ Nice titan D-Lux 4.

i bought hoya filter 52mm for 28 dollars , issit a good price ? and the tube he said no need to spent too can try sim lim square can get a cheaper 1... i think use a uv better than nothing front of the lens atleast if any accident i still can juz change a filter :embrass: thnx for helping me guyz^^

If you want to get filters, remember one rule, your :thumbsup:Leica lens is only as good as your filter glass since light first passes thru the filter and then to you lens. Buy a :thumbsd:cheap filter and the qualilty of light that manage to pass thru the filter will be affected badly,from there whatever lower quality light that then get to your Leica lens will give you lower quality photos. The hoya $28 filter you got,is it a cpl? If it is this, then it is the lowest and cheapest range so dun expect it to be good quality.

Last edited:
wat is cpl means ? sry for my noob question again ?

i bought hoya filter 52mm for 28 dollars , issit a good price ? and the tube he said no need to spent too can try sim lim square can get a cheaper 1... i think use a uv better than nothing front of the lens atleast if any accident i still can juz change a filter :embrass: thnx for helping me guyz^^

how are you going to mount the 52mm filter on the front of your lens?

btw $28 for a 52mm hoya is not v cheap, is it a HD filter, or the super hmc one??

there's a 3rd party 52mm adapter to mount with it example http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/v...+for+Panasonic+LUMIX+DMC-LX3+46mm+Thread+Size .... anyway if the filter is sux any1 tell me a good 1 ? pls

Hi there, I am also looking for a len protector. Not sure if you have bought the hoya purple CPL len protector? How did the picture goes? from your URL, it seems that it has polarize effect which makes the color richer.

By the way, you got it from the website or you go to Sim Lim Square to buy it? Which shop if its SLS that you bought it from.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.