UV rays effects on fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabby

Jun 12, 2007
Ang Sua Ville
The other day I had a discussion with another photographer & he told me that once his lense was wet & he put it under the sun to "dry" it. Was discussing that sunlight UV ray 'could' kill fungus spores. I wonder if anyone heard about this? If this is true. I have this crazy idea of obtaining a UV light to "kill" the fungus spores in the lense before putting in the dry cabinet. This will reduce any chances of encouraging fungus growth.

Juz some crazy idea of mine...

Of course if the lense were coated with anti-fungus material that would be best...but no one will buy any replacement lenses anymore:sweatsm:

Happy Shootings!!!

if it's true, lets have some UV fun in the dry cabi!
like those fancy PC Chassis with UV lights!

if it's true, lets have some UV fun in the dry cabi!
like those fancy PC Chassis with UV lights!

UV will cause deterioration of materials, so using it in dry box is overkill. use the lens now n then, good enuff la

I doubt it's really the UV doing all the job. After all lenses should come with UV coating that'll block out most of the UV rays. It's probably the effect of removing the moisture as well. Though best thing is to be dilligent in moving the lenses to the dry cabinet once you're done with them.

Fuuu..... i thought i'd learnt somewhere that moisture + UV = photosynthesis process that encourages green to grown :dunno:

Fuuu..... i thought i'd learnt somewhere that moisture + UV = photosynthesis process that encourages green to grown :dunno:

fungus dun photosynthesize lah. You thinking of algae? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.