UV Filters

Do you "share" filters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickerz

Most of us have UV filters as general protection for our lenses.

The question is do you guys "share" filters, as in get just one UV filter for all your 77mm thread lenses, or buy one each for all your lenses for sake of saving the hassle?

Last edited:
I usually get one NC filter for each lens that I have.

1 filter per lens. its the standard i guess.

It's kinda hard to keep swapping isn't it? I have 1 for each lens

1 filter per lens for UV. unless u only bring one lens of the same thread size out @ 1 time.
else it would be very troublesome swapping the filters when u change lens

1 filter per lense, it does not make sense to swap constantly- defeating the perpose of it being there as a layer of protection against scratches. :)

1 UV filter per lens, even tho' they use the same size. Not only there'll be extra wear and tear to the lens thread with frequent change, dust/dirt can get trapped between the front element and the filter too.

The CPL or others, I'd keep 1 piece per filter size only.

1 uv filter per lens. save the glass, save the thread, save the hazzle

being LAZY, i do the cleaning and put on the filter immediately after purchase. nv touch it again. (maybe my lens is not old enough to require 'touching')

one UV filter per lens.:)

1 for each len. Except for CPL unless it's different size else can share.

dont have UV filter, using hood generally. Only the more expensive lens i place UV filters.

I only use UV filter during leisure shoot. For paid shoot, I don't use any filter. So I only own 1 even though I own than 1 lens. Mostly a lens hood give enuf protection for my lens.

I attached each and every of my lens with a UV filter. The L gets the B+W with the rest getting the Hoya HMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.