UV filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunor

Jul 8, 2004
Hi all again.

I was wondering if the quality of the UV filter will make any diff to the quality of photos. friend gave me a Tama UV filter, am wondering if i should change it to hoya . thanks for the advice.

bernards

Feb 17, 2004
Filters do affect your image quality. If you intend to have the UV filter permanently on. It's not a bad idea to get a really good one like the B+W MRC UV. It's only about $50. Besides, the F828 has only got one lens, so the cost is just one time.

Maybe the article in the link below can shed some light.

http://www.bythom.com/filters.htm

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
bernards said:
Filters do affect your image quality. If you intend to have the UV filter permanently on. It's not a bad idea to get a really good one like the B+W MRC UV. It's only about $50. Besides, the F828 has only got one lens, so the cost is just one time.

Maybe the article in the link below can shed some light.

http://www.bythom.com/filters.htm
Bernards

How about HOYA UV Guard filter?
Any comment on this filter?

bry'an

Jan 14, 2004
Pasir Ris
King Tiger said:
Bernards

just asked the KONOTA 's uncle, HOYA super MC UV filter = S$21 (?around there). from my personnal view, w/o UV guard the photo seems like sharper and brighter. and the UV is very effective to achieve correct white balance when you are taking photo at highland or mountain. coz there are more exposure to UV ray. if taking photo at highland w/o UV, the photo will be bluish and get incorrect white balance. please advise, enlighten and correct me if i am wrong. we are learning from each other , right ? :think:

bernards

Feb 17, 2004
King Tiger said:
Bernards

Hoya is considered pretty low end stuff. Best to just go for a B+W one. Price difference maybe double, but still affordable.

I have no idea about the white balancing part. But the B+W UV filter was invisible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.