UV Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Megadark

What's a UV filter for, apart from protecting my lens?

reduce the amount of UV light entering your camera and preventing haziness under bright sunlight.

Well I heard the UV filter protects the camera lens. Does anyone know how hardy is the filter?

Originally posted by Megadark
Well I heard the UV filter protects the camera lens. Does anyone know how hardy is the filter?

i am not sure how hard it is...but my B+W UV filter have multi-resistant coat...which means not so easily scratched...

anyway, the UV filter is very cheap compare with the cost of my Carl Zeiss lens...so it is good to have one to protect it.

I recommend B+W MRC UV filter especially if you are using expensive DC....cos the filter will be on the camera at all time...so it is justify to use the best filter

Originally posted by Megadark

It's still glass or plastic.... not really meant to withstand direct hits :p But it does offer the first line of defence when your lens cap is off.

Originally posted by kamwai

anyway, the UV filter is very cheap compare with the cost of my Carl Zeiss lens...so it is good to have one to protect it.

How much is a UV filter?

Oops, found out the price of the uv filter on another site here. Sigh, I think I kena "tok". Bought a "PL" brand UV filter for the oly 3020 at $30.:dunno: I must join one the SEED expeditions someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.