Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdie

Feb 14, 2002
Do you guys use UV filters?
If so, why?
If not, why?

Let's have an open discussion :)

The only reason for me is protection for all my 7 lenses. Of course there are CPL & ND filters you must have to get that almost 'perfect' shot;)

Do you guys use UV filters?
If so, why?
If not, why?

Let's have an open discussion :)

There is no need for an open discussion on a topic that has already been discussed to death 1,000 times. Just do a search for "UV filter".

Yes i use UV filters.. It's easier to clean the filter than the lens glass.

Yes i use UV filters.. It's easier to clean the filter than the lens glass.

I doubt this. With the right tools and a portion of care there is no difference.

There is no need for an open discussion on a topic that has already been discussed to death 1,000 times. Just do a search for "UV filter".

:thumbsup: Really puzzled how people just drop their questions here without the slightest efforts to look for existing information.

:thumbsup: Really puzzled how people just drop their questions here without the slightest efforts to look for existing information.

just like how photography magazines are always recycling articles mah, they dun say refer to 10 issues earlier for same article. :bsmilie:

I doubt this. With the right tools and a portion of care there is no difference.

haha yeah i know. today i was shooting an event and this kid came up to me and poked my lens with a pencil.

it's up to you whether you want to use one or not. for me, it's better be safe than sorry. especially when you're talking about a lens that costs hundreds.

Yes and No.

I use UV filters on all the lenses that I'd use on film.
I don't use filters for my 18-55 & 55-200 DX.

imo, UV filter:

use cheap cheap (depending lah) to protect your expensive glass :3

I have never actually taken a shot without the UV filter before to be honest.

Your lens manufacturer might recommend fitting a filter to complete the weather sealing, if your lens is weather sealed.

Yes and No.

I use UV filters on all the lenses that I'd use on film.
I don't use filters for my 18-55 & 55-200 DX.

yup, used to use them when using film. but now, it's only NC filters... :bsmilie:

Haha, yea agree to above. NC filter.
Er, actually to me it is like wearing glasses for my lens.
Like a protection, yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.