Utterly horrible, unprofessional and totally digusted service at Lord's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis said:
The key is the correct salesman.

I second to that!!!
depends on ppl, some people see liao maynot interested to serve u so just avoid it.:sweat:

Most seem to forget, Lords is still a Lucky Plaza style shop. And if you know Lucky Plaza, you'd be the wiser to sterotype Lords as a Lucky Plaza shop.

If you want to know a James, I'd recommend the James at TK Foto located at Shaw Towers instead. He'd serve everybody I know with a smile and good attitude.

You're paying for services, after, before and during purchase. Saying you need to find a correct salesperson is the key to making a happy purchase is not totally wrong, but if that's the case, why have that salesperson around if only James is good?

There are so many better shops with average or good sales services and doesn't just ignore you or talk rudely, bochuply to you. You as a consumer why should you suffer this kind of behaviour when you're emptying your wallet/salary into the store?

Take my advice, go TK Foto or Cathay Photo instead. Good price, good services, no double standard(s).

Lenovo said:
Cool down man, sometimes you have to pay to learn the true face of mankind. There's no excuse for them to treat you like this even if they are the holiest person in the world. Just blacklist the shop and tell your friends never to go there. The price for them is business lost. :cool:

Since my experience with Lord's is very different ffrom the threadstarter, and since ALL my friends, including CS members, have very positive experience with Lords, I will continue to strongly recommended people to Lords.

While I sympathise with the threadstarter (actually, what is the other side of the story?) his one unpleasant experience narrated in this thread pales in comparison to the multitude of positive experiences I know of.

student said:
Since my experience with Lord's is very different ffrom the threadstarter, and since ALL my friends, including CS members, have very positive experience with Lords, I will continue to strongly recommended people to Lords.

While I sympathise with the threadstarter (actually, what is the other side of the story?) his one unpleasant experience narrated in this thread pales in comparison to the multitude of positive experiences I know of.
I won't be surprised if some of the replies in here are from the people who've gotten some hidden benefits unknown to make good comments, remarks about the shops that mostly get complained here. Or even replies from the shops themselves trying to push themselves up.

Just because the threadstarter is the only one that has voiced out, doesn't mean there aren't others. Don't be too quick to strike him down and discredit his unpleasant experience.

There are many rape, robbery, theft cases in a XXX country too, but not all of them are reported, that doesn't meant XXX is having a low crime rate.

Cheers!

I went by Lord's the other day and asked about the price of the D200. There were no customers in the store and the staff were huddled together talking.

When I asked them for the price, they seemed quite irritated and walked over to the other shop and came back... and told me that the guy 'was eating'. Does that mean he can tell me the price? What the heck?

Anyway, one of them then said, "2900 lah, should be 2900." SHOULD BE? What business are they running?

I guess it's Lucky plaza, and unless you are some sucker tourist who has money to be conned, they don't really want to deal with you. I guess they haven't heard that the Singapore govt is trying to improve service quality.

It should start with them.

ms color, alan photo, and cathay photo offer email/online quotation service
just ask and then compare
no hassles, no need to "see people's face"
if u buy first and then later see a cheaper price, it is very hard to get a price reduction

jOhO said:
I've had good experiences with James, but only him. i don't bother talking to the rest (i don't know the others), and if james is not there or he's off, i won't go. if i need to go down, i'll call up first and make sure he's there.

not saying the rest are bad, just that my trust is with james, and i only wanna deal with him. :)
i also got mix experience in lord, i am not sure who is james :think: mabe i should look only for him next time.

Lenovo said:
They will probably sell the returned used lens to the next unsuspecting guy as brand new. I don't quite like the ethics. But then if it is ok for some people to enjoy the free use of lens, what can we do? :dunno:

eh..this one better not say..unless got evidence. ;p

i dont know the folks at lords. my first time i was served by the boss i think...mr chua? seemed to be quite nice. i only bought a polariser from him and he gave me free nikon cap some more. second time i was served by another chap...no problems with this fella. maybe i should pop in again and test ;p

photo said:
I won't be surprised if some of the replies in here are from the people who've gotten some hidden benefits unknown to make good comments, remarks about the shops that mostly get complained here. Or even replies from the shops themselves trying to push themselves up.

Just because the threadstarter is the only one that has voiced out, doesn't mean there aren't others. Don't be too quick to strike him down and discredit his unpleasant experience.

There are many rape, robbery, theft cases in a XXX country too, but not all of them are reported, that doesn't meant XXX is having a low crime rate.

Cheers!

thats very true...but then we have only heard more good than bad so far, unlike the case for AP. anyone with more bad experiences with lords?

marcwang said:
A good friend of mine who is also a regular got to bring a 17-55mmf2.8 on a trip to Thailand, and he was allowed to pay up if he liked it after the trip. James even lend him a 512mb cf card for the trip. But of course, there is a lot of trust between them.

Like some have already pointed out, it is not a good practice if they 'loan' out their new equipment. But I think quite a few of those 'friendly' shops do this for their regulars. I don't think Cathay or AP will do so though.

reflecx said:
Like some have already pointed out, it is not a good practice if they 'loan' out their new equipment. But I think quite a few of those 'friendly' shops do this for their regulars. I don't think Cathay or AP will do so though.
It only lets me be assured that even if I return the glass I don't like (generalisation of any shop that does this), exchange for another 'new' glass, that 'new' glass probably has been used by others or exchanged before.

What goes round comes around.

Shame on shops that practices such practice.

3 of the shops i frequently patronize.
MS Color - Good price, good bargain. Mr Loh and Florence are nice ppl to frequently deal with.
John 3:16 - Samuel adds a personal touch to customers.
CP - Christopher(tripod section), a nice chap who selflessly impart his photography skills to enthusiasts like myself.

I went to Lord's yesterday evening to buy the hotshoe cover. While the service wasn't bad but it wasn't exactly that friendly either; I suppose partly becos I was just buying a very cheap item.:embrass:

I won't call it a bad experience, but I don't think they'll be my first choice unless they have a good deal or they have stock available.

I would recommend The Camera Workshop. Friendly and knowledgable people there, and quite patient with newbies like me. :thumbsup:

Let us know which shop and we will avoid them.
Even as regulars this should not be the practice.
Check and testing the items in store is OK but not loan out for a spin and returned.

reflecx said:

Lenovo said:
They will probably sell the returned used lens to the next unsuspecting guy as brand new. I don't quite like the ethics. But then if it is ok for some people to enjoy the free use of lens, what can we do? :dunno:

:gbounce: agree sia

my good friend brought me to cp to get aquainted with this lau jiao he always dealt with. let's put it this way, i still didn't get much of a service (i must be a loser) when i went to buy stuff from him subsequently. so after a few trips, i said screw it. i rather give the commission to someone else who tried harder.

i have to agree with daddy that christopher has the best attitude in cp. walked in complete stranger and he shared his wealth of knowledge abt tripods endlessly.

Interesting mixed experiences at Lords ..,,, for me is good experience since I brought my lens there and some friends I recommend also having good price ... :D

I have seen many complaints againt Camera shops here and there in Singapore .. and most often I cant really tells as I didnt encountered before bad experiences :dunno: ... Since the day I started photography!!! :bigeyes: I have been served by CP, Alan, Max Photo, 3:16 and many others .... all okay leh ... :)

I also known there are a few bad apples amongst the shops.. try to avoid them lor ... what to do since you cant and they cant please everybody ... :sweatsm:

pokiemon said:
i have to agree with daddy that christopher has the best attitude in cp. walked in complete stranger and he shared his wealth of knowledge abt tripods endlessly.

Arghh .. Christopher is different .. :thumbsup:

i think the underlying problem faced is everyone has a different level of service expectations. so two customers attended by the same sales person may experience different service standard. sometimes it is also the attitude of the customer to blame.

First of all, I have to say that Lords is my favourite camera shop and I have always enjoyed excellent service and very honest, competitive prices from them. I have been served by the 2 Kelvins there and also James, among others. Even when I brought back a camera I had bought from them for a very minor cosmetic fault, they exchanged one for me on the spot with no questions asked, no "black face" etc. Lucky Plaza has a lot of dodgy camera shops but Lords is not one of them. I have only good things to say about Lords.

Secondly, apart from what you see as the "bohchup"ness of the Kelvin who served you and his unfamiliarity with the accessory you wanted, I don't really see anything wrong with the service provided. What's wrong with the Boss saying that Kelvin had already quoted you a price? What makes you so sure that you were given a bad price by Kelvin, and that the shorter guy was going to quote you a better price?

In fairness, perhaps you can let us know how much Lords charged you for the BR-3 accessory. I'm sure those of us in the forum who own the BR-3 can then advise you on whether the price you paid was a fair and reasonable one. Fair enough?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.