USM check..

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonnius

Sep 1, 2007
guys how do u know if my USM is faulty? how do i check?

lol... ya..

USM is the motor for AF. if it dosent even move and focus while u try to use AF then its faulty.

ok..i see...i try to foucs yes can ..but seem slow when focus in normal room light...in bright place or aim @ light it will focus relaly fast..is it normal?

ok..i see...i try to foucs yes can ..but seem slow when focus in normal room light...in bright place or aim @ light it will focus relaly fast..is it normal?

Depends on the exact lens. Some canon lenses really do hunt a bit more in low light.

hmm... in normal room light at night might be considered dim as well.
speed of AF also depends on the camera body as well. what body are u using?

hmm... in normal room light at night might be considered dim as well.
speed of AF also depends on the camera body as well. what body are u using?

350D hehe

Depends on the exact lens. Some canon lenses really do hunt a bit more in low light.

i see dat super interesting :D
something new for me :D

is it worth to repari USM if spoilt?

guys how do u know if my USM is faulty? how do i check?
If you have a friend with the same body / lens combination, check to see if the other camera also behaves the same. If it is, then nothing to worry about. If not, swap his lens with yours. If your camera body and friend's lens is okay, then your lens is the problem. If your friend's camera and your lens is okay, then maybe there is something wrong with your camera body.

all cameras will take longer to focus at low light. sometimes its a particular lens that will be slower because of design.

ok buddy thanks everyone :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.