USM check..

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonnius

Sep 1, 2007
guys how do u know if my USM is faulty? how do i check?

antonnius

Sep 1, 2007
lol... ya..

USM is the motor for AF. if it dosent even move and focus while u try to use AF then its faulty.
ok..i see...i try to foucs yes can ..but seem slow when focus in normal room light...in bright place or aim @ light it will focus relaly fast..is it normal?

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
ok..i see...i try to foucs yes can ..but seem slow when focus in normal room light...in bright place or aim @ light it will focus relaly fast..is it normal?
Depends on the exact lens. Some canon lenses really do hunt a bit more in low light.

Fragnatic

Jan 24, 2008
Serangoon, Singapore
hmm... in normal room light at night might be considered dim as well.
speed of AF also depends on the camera body as well. what body are u using?

antonnius

Sep 1, 2007
is it worth to repari USM if spoilt?

Kermitfm

Mar 10, 2007
guys how do u know if my USM is faulty? how do i check?
If you have a friend with the same body / lens combination, check to see if the other camera also behaves the same. If it is, then nothing to worry about. If not, swap his lens with yours. If your camera body and friend's lens is okay, then your lens is the problem. If your friend's camera and your lens is okay, then maybe there is something wrong with your camera body.

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
all cameras will take longer to focus at low light. sometimes its a particular lens that will be slower because of design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom