Using your blood as a battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

reno77

Jan 30, 2002
Bedok Reservoir
www.ramaraj.com
For those who have their camera's battery die on them unexpectedly, fear no more. You can soon use your blood to power your camera!

Taken from slashdot. Japanese Reasearchers develop a fuel cell that runs on blood

"Tokyo - A Japanese research team has developed a fuel cell that runs on blood without using toxic substances, opening the way for use in artificial hearts and other organs.

The biological fuel cell uses glucose, a sugar in blood, with a non-toxic substance used to draw electrons from glucose

The newly developed cell in the size of a tiny coin is able to generate 0,2 milliwatts of electricity, enough to power a device that measures blood sugar level and transmits data elsewhere, the group said"

- 0.2 milliwatts? Hmm I think you'll need to sacrifice a few ppl to generate enuff electricity for a DSLR.

dkw

Dec 10, 2003
CCK
Visit site
Drudkh said:
i find it a stupid invention to use blood.
For the micro-robots of the future, coursing through our veins to attack cancer cells and remove plaque from arteries, this is perfect. Better than some Li-On batt anyway ;p

SnapSnap

Sep 1, 2004
Singapore
Can't you see? Very soon human will become batteries for the machines... :bsmilie:

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
reno77 said:
For those who have their camera's battery die on them unexpectedly, fear no more. You can soon use your blood to power your camera!

Taken from slashdot. Japanese Reasearchers develop a fuel cell that runs on blood

"Tokyo - A Japanese research team has developed a fuel cell that runs on blood without using toxic substances, opening the way for use in artificial hearts and other organs.

The biological fuel cell uses glucose, a sugar in blood, with a non-toxic substance used to draw electrons from glucose

The newly developed cell in the size of a tiny coin is able to generate 0,2 milliwatts of electricity, enough to power a device that measures blood sugar level and transmits data elsewhere, the group said"

- 0.2 milliwatts? Hmm I think you'll need to sacrifice a few ppl to generate enuff electricity for a DSLR.
Dis gives new meaning to the words 'Human Sacrifice'. :bsmilie:

"The Human Sacrifice Cult of the Photographers"

How do that sound? :D

Waffle

Sep 10, 2003
the mere thought of it scares me :eek:

Firefox

Feb 15, 2004
Bedok
Isn't there already a type of cell that can biodegrade biological materials to generate power? I think they tested it with dead flies..

kahheng

Jan 20, 2002
bride.ru
Hey I like the idea of using blood as a power source. It's like if I am out and about run out of power, I can just poke a few people and carry on taking pictures. Hmm.

Waffle

Sep 10, 2003
kahheng said:
Hey I like the idea of using blood as a power source. It's like if I am out and about run out of power, I can just poke a few people and carry on taking pictures. Hmm.
Try poking a chao ahbeng. See you like the idea or not. :devil:

kahheng

Jan 20, 2002
bride.ru
Waffle said:
Try poking a chao ahbeng. See you like the idea or not. :devil:
Hey, how do you know they won't enjoy the experience? Are you one? :bsmilie:

Dec 8, 2004
Taipei
RossChang said:
Even if it works, imagine pocking a neddle on ur hand to operate a DSLR?... :bsmilie:
Now that's dedication.

I wonder if Eastgear will start stocking 3rd party blood sources for our gear??? ;)

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
Drudkh said:
i find it a stupid invention to use blood.
for people with a pace maker, it's perfect. Implanted and runs almost forever.
It's a technological advancement.

Would anyone think it's stupid to build nano-engines to generate power as battery replacements? especially if the engine is a wankel rotary engine. If it lifts off.. a typical AA sized battery can run virtually a life time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom