Using Wrist strap & Shoulder strap together?

xDreamerZ

May 3, 2011
Disney!
Hi, currently i'm using the the Nikon hand strap with my D7000. Was wondering if i should get the Optech Utility Strap - Sling to complement with my set-up. Sometimes i feel the need to be hands free and the wrist strap doesn't give me that. Any idea if i should go with both straps or either? Thanks!

during the film days when I shoot with my F90x, the camera is attach with original Nikon hand strap and shoulder strap, no issue on that

Hi,

Sure you can do that, why not? You just need some adjustments to attach both kinds of straps to the D7000.

Cheers

Hmm any advice on what type of adjustments? Looking at Nikon hand strap II and Optech utility strap - sling!
Thanks!

I use a hand strap n R strap combo. The latter is easy to detach when you don't need it.

esoeij said:
I use a hand strap n R strap combo. The latter is easy to detach when you don't need it.

Where can I buy such straps??

Been hunting ard for some time

No need hand strap lar .... Serve no purpose since if u r using sling. Go for black rapid, cos the optech sling isnt so smooth when u slide up or down ur cam .. Try blackrapid and u will no stand optech ..

donut88 said:
Where can I buy such straps??

Been hunting ard for some time

Cathay photo ..
Give ur hand a break in between shoot, go for it ..

Miao said:
Cathay photo ..
Give ur hand a break in between shoot, go for it ..

Thanks

Any website that I can see how it looks like?

just to add when I'm using the hand strap, the purpose is I need to hold the camera mounted with flash for very long hours, hence it reduce the stress of my fingers, if you want to sling the camera most of the time, I find it serve no purpose using the hand strap at the same time IMO. only look nice also slow you down.

Hmm, i will consider all the advice give. Thanks a lot!

Just by unscrewing the bottom connector? Will it be too inconvenient at times? Was thinking about the R strap but because it needs to be detach everytime you use a tripod so i threw that thought away. Thanks!

xDreamerZ said:
Just by unscrewing the bottom connector? Will it be too inconvenient at times? Was thinking about the R strap but because it needs to be detach everytime you use a tripod so i threw that thought away. Thanks!

If you use tripods a lot, then you probably don't need an R strap. But yes all you need to do to attach n detach is to screw n unscrew the fastener. All it takes is 5 seconds.

Hi, currently i'm using the the Nikon hand strap with my D7000. Was wondering if i should get the Optech Utility Strap - Sling to complement with my set-up. Sometimes i feel the need to be hands free and the wrist strap doesn't give me that. Any idea if i should go with both straps or either? Thanks!

If you are using the Optech system, the Pro Loop enables you to change it from a neck strap to a handstrip, like what i did. You need to remove the foam part that protects your neck and join up the 2 ends after making the left clip and needle it through the gap in the strap on the right side. Sorry no pictures, as I can't remember where i filed them pictures.