how do u normally use both of them?

uv below, CPL on top?

CPL below, uv on top?

or separately?

:dunno:

Best is not to stack

no need UV at all, sometimes PL needed

how do u normally use both of them?

It is not normal. Why do you need both of them? Use what you need, remove what is useless. There is not much UV left over after light passed through a CPL.

seperately. The stacking may cause corners of image to darken.

yup especially at wider angle. will see viginetting... also stacking filters sometimes can cos the filters to get stuck together....

thanks for all the pointers!

then again, for normal use... should i dump my uv filter and use a CPL instead?

thanks for all the pointers!

then again, for normal use... should i dump my uv filter and use a CPL instead?

most ppl only use uv filter for protection. cpl is a little dark, will cut off some light. cpl is used to cut off glare and make sky more blue. both type of filters have different uses.

most ppl only use uv filter for protection. cpl is a little dark, will cut off some light. cpl is used to cut off glare and make sky more blue. both type of filters have different uses.

yeah i know about the uses (which includes preventing reflections). but just curious is it feasible for normal use. :)

yeah i know about the uses (which includes preventing reflections). but just curious is it feasible for normal use. :)

unless u prefer a slower shutter speed and blur pic due to hand shake, otherwise no point at all

Tell why you think it could be "feasible for normal use".

Hi TS, there is absolutely no reason to dump your UV filter and use CPL full time. CPL filter is more of an effect filter or use to increase exposure time. Unless you only shoot full time outdoors in the bright sunlight, you will lose a lot of light during other uses causing longer shutter speed. Imagine you are using a F2.8 'fast' lense, with a CPL on, your lense will not longer be as fast anymore defeating all your investment to get a good fast lense.

CPL is only to be use when required.

may i know what the real purpose of cpl filters and how much does it costs?can it be used on canon 450D?sorry i'm new to photography but i'm keen to learn more from you guys :)

may i know what the real purpose of cpl filters and how much does it costs?can it be used on canon 450D?sorry i'm new to photography but i'm keen to learn more from you guys :)

if u like blue blue skies (enhanced), see through glass/water, then u will use cpl filter on your lens. :)

Google helps:
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/camera-lens-filters.htm
As you can see, there is no mentioning at all about camera brands. Simply because it's put on the lens. At the front element lenses are just round and have a thread of certain diameter. So all you need to know is the diameter of the lens - just look at the lens from front and you will see. Prices you can find in the Marketplace, have a look at the price guides there.
For more information please also use the search function here. In addition, there are great Newbie Guides in the Newbie Corner. Look at the sticky threads on top of the listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.