Using the Search functions

same here for d40*:

The following errors occurred with your search:
1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

is there any simple way of using the search function? ;)

i thought CS was tweaking it yesterday. i thought wrong

Hi Mods,
I can't seems to find the Search Button anymore.
According to this thread, the search button is located beside the "Quick Links".

Please advise...

Btw, Great Job for reviving CS!!!

Hi Mods,
I can't seems to find the Search Button anymore.
According to this thread, the search button is located beside the "Quick Links".

Please advise...

Btw, Great Job for reviving CS!!!

Please see here.

hi folks, am not new to cs but i have not been able to do searches recently. Everytime I do a search, I get the response "search disabled". I can find anything in the control pane to turn on the search function. Am I missing out something??

hi folks, am not new to cs but i have not been able to do searches recently. Everytime I do a search, I get the response "search disabled". I can find anything in the control pane to turn on the search function. Am I missing out something??

The search function is temp disabled.There are lots of threads on this topic already...

Most camera models are less than 4 char. Using wildcards does not help.
I wonder if there are any ways that the administrators are working to resolve this issue :dunno:

Just saw this thread, seems QuickSearch is useless. hope can fix it.

Even for advance search , it's also impossible to search such info, e.g. "70-300","80-200" or "-200","-300"

Most camera models are less than 4 char. Using wildcards does not help.
I wonder if there are any ways that the administrators are working to resolve this issue :dunno:

Now that CS is replacing its search engine, is it possible to resolve this issue of less than 4 char searches. It would be extremely useful for users like me to search for items that usually have 2 char like nikon F6. With the current search function it is not possible. Please help.

Last edited:
Now that CS is replacing its search engine, is it possible to resolve this issue of less than 4 char searches. It would be extremely useful for users like me to search for items that usually have 2 char like nikon F6. With the current search function it is not possible. Please help.
That was the plan, unfortunately we ran into issues with the replacement search engine and am working on it.

We may not enable 2-char searches but definitely will be at least 3-char.

That was the plan, unfortunately we ran into issues with the replacement search engine and am working on it.

We may not enable 2-char searches but definitely will be at least 3-char.

Pity that you can go one step further to implement 2 char searches. Can you recommend a way out or work around for 2 char searches? Thanks.

Hi, need help please, keep getting this error message when using search

"connection to 127.0.0.1:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)"

Mods,

Getting error message below when searching:

connection to 127.0.0.1:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Please check, thanks!