Using the 80mm on Nikonons V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marios_pittas

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone have good experiences using the 80mm on the Nikonons V (http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=7&productNr=10312 probably it is the same with other models of the same series?).

I like to use it as a telephoto (not Macro) but have failed so far to compose with it properly :( I am using the wire-finder for it (35mm outside I know and 80mm the inside frame I know).. but the picture framing of photos taken with this lens is way off (something like: "Out of this world" :) )..

Does anyone have the manual for it? Mine was bought used sometime back without one. Does the manual say anything about parallex correction. :(

Marios

p.s. I do not have problems with other lenses on the camera ;)

Hi Marios
You have encountered a common problem with using the 80mm lens u/w. You will find that taking shots on land is fine but u/w is a totally different issue. The framer does work except that it really depends on how close/far you are in relation to the framer. Alternatively, you can get the view finder for the 80mm lens (it's supposed to be for land, but I've used it u/w before and it seems to work fine), it has a little parallex correction knob that can be adjusted for distance.
Sorry..no manual that I know of. For me, it was trial and error.
Alternatively..if you get tired of trying..maybe consider a housed SLR ;) ..thats what I did eventually
Good Luck
Jeff

Fishboy said:
Hi Marios
You have encountered a common problem with using the 80mm lens u/w. You will find that taking shots on land is fine but u/w is a totally different issue. The framer does work except that it really depends on how close/far you are in relation to the framer. Alternatively, you can get the view finder for the 80mm lens (it's supposed to be for land, but I've used it u/w before and it seems to work fine), it has a little parallex correction knob that can be adjusted for distance.
Sorry..no manual that I know of. For me, it was trial and error.
Alternatively..if you get tired of trying..maybe consider a housed SLR ;) ..thats what I did eventually
Good Luck
Jeff
Hi Jeff

Hmm.. Since I shoot it as a telephoto I will attempt to keep some distance from the framer I guess. I will search for the optical finder, after the lens "proves" itself (!), before I put some more money into it !!!! :)

> Alternatively..if you get tired of trying..maybe consider a housed SLR ;) ..thats what I did eventually

WHAT? NEVER! LOL The Nikonos is part of the family :) Not really, its just I am used to the rest of the lenses :)

Status
Not open for further replies.