Using Speedlite 580EX II

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyeon

Apr 3, 2009
Hi, I am a newbie to flash, I am using a speedlite 580 EX II for awhile, and was wondering if I can use one of them separately off the camera to shoot the flash from another angle itself, like the flash nikon offers remotely (note, its one flash, not a few to have master and slaves). Is it possible? :sweat:

Suggest you start off with mount flash instead of off flash, understand how your body operates flash, methodology of flash and light management before strobing.

not approved radio frequencies mah.

I'd go for the optical trigger as it works across the board, only problem would be using it where light cant reach far far away

Hehehe...today I triggered SB units from my EX units. No external triggers or stuff. :thumbsup:

Hehehe...today I triggered SB units from my EX units. No external triggers or stuff. :thumbsup:

yea, damn Canon for not including built in optical slave for their flashes.. :angry:

u got both EX & SB? i hates u.

No lah. Where got such $$$. :rolleyes:

It was a friend's SB and a super small EX I got 2nd hand. :bsmilie:

For REAL power I rely on my Metz Hammerheads. :devil:

Hmmmm, so there's now way I can do remotely alone with the body only? Not like Nikon is it? Oh geezz, how much would it cost me to get one of those? I am quite use to using EX on the body now, want to try shooting better macro pictures for now, so was thinking if Canon would be able to work like Nikon's flashes.

What body are you using? If it has pc cord input, you can use PC to connect to 580 EXII. No need hot shoe.

But hassle of having cords running ard is too much.

using either of these, 400D/50D. So I still need to purchase a remote trigger to sync the triggering separately I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.