Using SLR lense on dSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuggen

Apr 5, 2006
Bukit Panjang
A superb newbie quesiton, dont spam me hoh.

My dad seems to own 2 sets of lense for film SLR sets. Can i mount the lenses to contemporary dSLR like the d50 etc.?

for nikon, it should be possible to mount ur dad old slr lens on ur D50.. but the thing is, there are some problems.

1. u will lose metering (unless u get D200, D2h, D2x, then u will get metering)
2. its manual focus (might be hard to operate if u are used to auto focus)

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Does that mean, the old lenses cant give me auto focus mode. Everything gonna be adjusted?

ryuggen said:
A superb newbie quesiton, dont spam me hoh.

My dad seems to own 2 sets of lense for film SLR sets. Can i mount the lenses to contemporary dSLR like the d50 etc.?
Depends on what lenses those are. Perhaps you could check the info on the lense itself and post them here? What film SLR is that?

Depends on what lenses those are. Perhaps you could check the info on the lense itself and post them here? What film SLR is that?

I think its a Nikon MF-26. But right now, I still cant decide on a camera body to start with. The pain is that once i start to board the ship, it'll probably take me quite a distance and the cost of it.

I think its a Nikon MF-26. But right now, I still cant decide on a camera body to start with. The pain is that once i start to board the ship, it'll probably take me quite a distance and the cost of it.

A check on the net says that the MF-26 is a multiback on the Nikon N90. Did you get the model right?

What are the lenses that you have? You could check out the list5 of compatible lenses with the DSLR body, unless you just want to stick with SLR. Like thew other says, NIkon could show you what functions remains.

It depends on your purpose in going into photography. For me, I like travelling and uses photoraphy as a means, not an end, to capture those moments.

I suggest going for a photography course if you haven't to learn the basics first, then you can tap on the expert's experience on the type of set-up you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.