Using of face dection on 5 mk2 with wireles remote

Thks77

Jul 18, 2011
Hi , i have been trying to using this function call face dection on this 5d mk2 with wireless remote but it just wont focus unless the ( AF-on) button is press , i look through the manuel many time an cant find any solution to it but i tested it out on the 550d and it works so i was thinking is my set faulty or the wireless remote not compatible with the 5d .Any kind soul out there can help me on this , many THANKS in advance as this function does help in many ways in taking photo of my family during traving.

Welcome to the limits of crappy live view on older Canon models. ;-)

Afaik it really will not af in live view without pressing that button.

Maybe you want to tell us exactly what you are trying to do. Why do you need Life View? Have you seen the function of AF point selection?

Octarine said:
Maybe you want to tell us exactly what you are trying to do. Why do you need Life View? Have you seen the function of AF point selection?

Probably used to point and shoot / mobile cameras.

TS, try to think about how this was done reliably in the days before digital, live view, etc

I use the face detection only when the camera is mount onto the tripod with the remote
, i dont use it if i am holding the camera as i able to select the focus point i want .
I hve been using autofocus point but there are manytime that it will focus to the back
For example if u see this nice sceneries an u wish
to include yourself into this pics that is this crappy face detection come in ..

Use an AF point that helps the camera to focus on you. Alternatively, read up about hyperfocal distance and use manual focusing.

Many thks bro for your advise , i did read up this hyperfocus before but sometime in an hurry is not that convenient , just trying by using the face detection can help speed thing up . Thks anyway but still hopping for other solution ,

Thks77 said:
Many thks bro for your advise , i did read up this hyperfocus before but sometime in an hurry is not that convenient , just trying by using the face detection can help speed thing up . Thks anyway but still hopping for other solution ,

If you need things to go fast, using live view on Canon is a no-no

Cant say is a no no thing but this crappy FD does work on my brother 550d with remote but just not on the 5d .... Haiz ....