using manual lenses on K-01 for video

alanebs

Jul 17, 2012
malate manila, philippines
i have recently purchased a k-01 to use primarily as a video camera.

i use manual exposure for video and is successful in doing so with da, fa, f lenses ( i can control shutter speed, aperture, iso to make the scene brighter or darker as i wish).

but using the same settings, i cant get the same result when i use my older manual lenses (m series, k series). i can adjust shutter speed, iso (via cam) and aperture (via lens) but still the i cannot lock exposure. the camera still adjusts the exposure even if i dont want it to.

i have searched some sites regarding 'using manual lenses for video on k-01' and so far, i havent found a solution.

do you guys know how to manually expose video on the k-01 when using manual lenses?

thanks a bunch.

aim the camera to the subject, the camera will auto set the exposure,

adjust the aiming untill the camera set the right one, as you can see in the LCD screen,

then press the AE-L button to the lock the exposure, do the focusing and happy filming.

(I use this method for my Kx and K01, both works well, if lighting changes, press AE-L again to let the camera auto adjust, the AE-L to lock the right setting again once the camera finds a good one.)

thank you sunnycamera, i have used that technique on my kr with success.

but when i try it on my k01, it doesnt work. maybe i have to adjust something on the menus...

my settings (video):
exposure setting - m
movie capture setting - hd 24fps
recording sound level
movie sr on