Using magnets on a flash unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Hi,

while devising a good way to attach a bounce card on my flash, I thought of using soft magnets instead of velcro. The magnets are the flexible kind of strip magnet, can be cut to size easily. It will easier to attach and remove compared to using velcro. However, I was wondering if the magnetic field will affect the operation of the flash, perhaps the electronics and motor within the unit. Anyone with any ideas?

But... they'll drop off far easier too, nevermind the consequences on the electronics, won't they?

Originally posted by Tweek
Hi,

while devising a good way to attach a bounce card on my flash, I thought of using soft magnets instead of velcro. The magnets are the flexible kind of strip magnet, can be cut to size easily. It will easier to attach and remove compared to using velcro. However, I was wondering if the magnetic field will affect the operation of the flash, perhaps the electronics and motor within the unit. Anyone with any ideas?

Hi Tweek,
never mind what has been said about falling magnets. How many flashes these days are made with metal outer shells?
I don't think it will work. Velcro has been the choice for so long because it does not usually fail if bumped. You need specific intent to seperate the two halves.
Regards;)

Status
Not open for further replies.