Using just 1 filter for 2 lenses?

herbiee

Mar 7, 2010
Hi
I've been deliberating on whether to have 2 separate uv filters for each of my lenses or just 1 filter to be shared between the 2 lenses.
Would changing a filter from one lens to another lens be cumbersome and would it be easy for dust to enter my lens?

Dust is always there.
Its quite irritating.
Whether its irritating or not is simply up to your personal preference...
cheers....

Hi
I've been deliberating on whether to have 2 separate uv filters for each of my lenses or just 1 filter to be shared between the 2 lenses.
Would changing a filter from one lens to another lens be cumbersome and would it be easy for dust to enter my lens?

If you want to do that, might as well ditch the idea of using filters. save you even more.

just get a filter for each lens . . . what if you are bringing both lens out ?

Just get 1 UV filter for each the lens and forget about it. How much can each cost? Dust? It'll get into your lenses sooner or later. Why worry so much about how many filters? Worry about what you want to shoot!:bigeyes:

Not worth the trouble. :nono:
You may risk accidentally dropping the filter or scratching the lenses by screwing and
unscrewing often. Just get a filter for each lens :)

Since you invested/spent so much on the cam and lens, why save on the filter. There are different brands, if you are so conscious on the price, you can just go for the normal uv filter.

i don't use filter. :bsmilie:

well it's ur money and ur lens so it's up to you, i personally just leave it on my lens but then again all of my lens have different filter size so i couldn't share them anyway :bsmilie:

as for dust it'll be in sooner or later, ur filter won't make a difference, u got to get it staight, the main idea of getting a filter(UV filter) is to prevent from accidental scratch, bump or fall to ur lens front element also sand soft scratch from wind blow when u're on the beach.

Last edited:
If you share the filter, you will definitely drop the filter one day... definitely... I'm sure of it. :)

It takes so much dust on the front element before it becomes visible in the pictures... skip it, save the money. Learn to be careful. There are more things to worry about :)

Is this a topic worth discussing? Just wondering...

not always two brother will go out together?

Question 1.
Do you bring both lens out at once?
Question 2.
Are you shooting Digital or Analog?
Question 3.
Why do you need the UV filter for?

For your information, Digital sensor doesn't detect UV light and most people get UV filter for protection. Thought mostly, higher quality UV filter slows light lesser and degrade image quality lesser.

ok thx all for your replies. I've decided to get a pair of pants each for my brothers.

ok thx all for your replies. I've decided to get a pair of pants each for my brothers.

Also keep in mind pants also got black one called ND but that one can share :bsmilie:

too cumbersome. largely, people attach UV filters for protection. sharing it defeats the purpose.