Using iMovie on a Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

fWord

Jun 23, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hello fellow forum-ers!

Now I'm probably going to sound like a fool but I have an issue with iMovie. Hope it's a simple fix that I simply have not figured out.

There's a bunch of photos arranged in alphabetical order in Finder and I'm trying to drag them all into iMovie to create a slideshow. I select everything and drag it in and it works, however the order becomes reversed. That is to say, the last picture in Finder (based on alphabetical order) appears first in iMovie and when I play the movie that picture indeed appears first.

How can I add photos to iMovie in the correct alphabetical order?

Erm... Probably not a fix but can try reverse sorting the names and dragging them in?

If it's just a simple slideshow, I think you can put your photos into iPhoto and export them as a slideshow also, if I rememeber correctly.
Did one for my mum like that before.

Erm... Probably not a fix but can try reverse sorting the names and dragging them in?

If it's just a simple slideshow, I think you can put your photos into iPhoto and export them as a slideshow also, if I rememeber correctly.
Did one for my mum like that before.

Haha...when I had a problem with this program my first instinct was to ask you for advice. Nevertheless after troubling you so much the last time I figured that I might try looking for answers myself.

In the end I am still asking you for help. :bsmilie:

So yes, I've already tried reverse sorting in Finder to drag them in. I've even tried selecting from bottom to top and dragging in but the same thing results. I'd need to try exporting from iPhoto, but it'll be a PITA to have to import everything into iPhoto and then export again from there.

Hope there's a way to make this work, otherwise dragging in one photo at a time for a future wedding slideshow will probably drive me insane.

Just drag all the photos into iPhoto.

From the menu, choose to view Titles, which should be the filenames.
Then you can sort by titles, ascending or descending.

Oh, that time I did , I just exported it to iDVD, picked a template and burned it to disc.
Didn't actually export to iMovie.

Just drag all the photos into iPhoto.

From the menu, choose to view Titles, which should be the filenames.
Then you can sort by titles, ascending or descending.

Oh, that time I did , I just exported it to iDVD, picked a template and burned it to disc.
Didn't actually export to iMovie.

I see...reason why I'm using iMovie is because I am experimenting with the Ken Burns effect and want to achieve a specific motion with each image. In the end I need to edit each image but if I could get everything in order in the first place that would help a lot.

use iPhoto to do the slideshow and import the slideshow into iMovie or iDVD

Thanks. It's become obvious to me now that all these programs work best when used together. I ended up importing all the photos into iPhoto and then into iMovie from there. Works okay now. I have not found an option to make slideshows in iPhoto as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.