Using Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better show a photo and see?

Do you mean the background is too dark (need to lengthen the shottuer speed then) or the colour of background don't match the people (which is cooler due to flash)? Celling bounce should help.

zcf said:
Better show a photo and see?

Do you mean the background is too dark (need to lengthen the shottuer speed then) or the colour of background don't match the people (which is cooler due to flash)? Celling bounce should help.

Mostly the background do not match the people.

the colours i guess? one way to better match would be to bounce the flash, which would usually even out a bit of the colours. but sometimes, the ambient lighting is so strong that the colour cast would be there.

Lord_Angelus said:
when I use my flash to shoot people, the flash kind of make the people look fake and do not go into the backgroud.

or is it the type where the flash is pretty harsh on the person and it doesnt make it look natural?

i know what he means.

in a orangey warm setting at night OUTDOORS, say with a warm building as background (say 50-100m away), you shoot subject with flash. so subject becomes ghostly white (ethereal looking) compared to VERY warm background.

another case is when background is lighted by orangey street lamps.

adjusting white balance does not work because your subject is cool, and background is warm.

seems like a flash filter is the only way, have not tried it out though. anyone has better knowledge or ideas?

tape orange translucent sweet wraper to the flash.

use a orange bounce card.

Status
Not open for further replies.