Using flash indoors

sid8888

Nov 4, 2009
When I use my built-in flash indoors, taking photos of people, their faces are very nicely exposed,but yet the background becomes all dark/black...
is there any way to reduce/prevent this?

sid8888 said:
When I use my built-in flash indoors, taking photos of people, their faces are very nicely exposed,but yet the background becomes all dark/black...

Increase ISO

Increase your ISO and drag your shutter. :cool:

what do u mean by drag shutter?

Do not use P or Auto mode which treat flash as main light and hence under exposed background. Use either M, Av or Tv which treat flash as fill light.

Do not use P or Auto mode which treat flash as main light and hence under exposed background. Use either M, Av or Tv which treat flash as fill light.

AFAIK, that only applies to Canon systems. Think TS is on Pentax.

Find the ISO option in the menu and just adjust it to a higher value, or I wonder if you have turn on the flash lamp.

if not, shotting with the flash lamp turning on can make the picture more clear.:)

Use a slower shutter speed if u want to lighten up background in flash photography. Use a tripod if the speed is low and u have difficulty to handheld yr camera steadily.

Last edited: