Using flash indoors

Nov 4, 2009
When I use my built-in flash indoors, taking photos of people, their faces are very nicely exposed,but yet the background becomes all dark/black...
is there any way to reduce/prevent this?

Sgdevilzz

May 16, 2010
sid8888 said:
When I use my built-in flash indoors, taking photos of people, their faces are very nicely exposed,but yet the background becomes all dark/black...
Increase ISO

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Increase your ISO and drag your shutter. :cool:

Edwin Francis

Mar 24, 2006
www.sgwriter.com
http://www.wedpix.com/articles/013/dragging-the-camera-shutter-at-weddings.html

Depending on the situation, bounce flash might help. Or secondary flash to light the background. Or even no flash at all, just increase ISO and use ambient light. Lots of solutions, depending on exact circumstances and desired effect.

GRbenji

May 24, 2010
Do not use P or Auto mode which treat flash as main light and hence under exposed background. Use either M, Av or Tv which treat flash as fill light.

Aug 11, 2011
Find the ISO option in the menu and just adjust it to a higher value, or I wonder if you have turn on the flash lamp.

if not, shotting with the flash lamp turning on can make the picture more clear.:)

LFC25

Mar 20, 2011
Use a slower shutter speed if u want to lighten up background in flash photography. Use a tripod if the speed is low and u have difficulty to handheld yr camera steadily.

Last edited:
Top Bottom