Using Filters with non-IF lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

godzilla60

Nov 25, 2005
North
Hi....

was wondering if the usage of those non-screw-on type of filters (i.e. those that come with a filter holder and squarish/rectangularish filters) is possible with non-Internal Focus lens? Will the filter holder rotate along with the lens when focusing?

Thanls!!

Hi....

was wondering if the usage of those non-screw-on type of filters (i.e. those that come with a filter holder and squarish/rectangularish filters) is possible with non-Internal Focus lens? Will the filter holder rotate along with the lens when focusing?

Thanls!!

Depends on whether the filter thread on the lens rotates when you focus or not. If it does, then you should focus first, hold on to the focus and then rotate the filter holder to the correct orientation you require.

Hi....

Thanls!!

Yes bro, it's usable. There are a couple of Alpha users using this type of filters too. You should join us more often in outings. :)

Depends on whether the filter thread on the lens rotates when you focus or not. If it does, then you should focus first, hold on to the focus and then rotate the filter holder to the correct orientation you require.

mine seems to rotate when focussing.....

Yes bro, it's usable. There are a couple of Alpha users using this type of filters too. You should join us more often in outings. :)

cool.....i'd like to but usually the outings take place when i am unavailable....:sweat:

but do they use it when auto-focussing too? or are their lens the IF type?
:think:

cool.....i'd like to but usually the outings take place when i am unavailable....:sweat:

but do they use it when auto-focussing too? or are their lens the IF type?
:think:

Personally, my lenses are not the IF type and I would focus first then adjust the filter accordingly thereafter, since it's quite easy to rotate the filters.

mine seems to rotate when focussing.....

Then you need to focus first then rotate the filter to the orientation you require, otherwise get a lens where the filter ring doesn't rotate when you focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.