Using circular Polarizer with CANON EF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ub1978

Feb 11, 2007
Want to try out circular polarizer on my CANON EF 18-55 lens. Don't remember where I read in this forum that this polarizer will not work with this lens. is that the case ?

secondly, i need to get a good dry-box.. any suggestions which company i should look for ? and can someone pls tell me what humidity level i should maintain ?

I bought my camera about 1.5 months back and have not kept it in dry box yet (the one I got free was all in Chinese so couldn't figure out how to use). Hope it has not caused any harm to this instrument !!!!

tvm in adv

Want to try out circular polarizer on my CANON EF 18-55 lens. Don't remember where I read in this forum that this polarizer will not work with this lens. is that the case ?

secondly, i need to get a good dry-box.. any suggestions which company i should look for ? and can someone pls tell me what humidity level i should maintain ?

I bought my camera about 1.5 months back and have not kept it in dry box yet (the one I got free was all in Chinese so couldn't figure out how to use). Hope it has not caused any harm to this instrument !!!!

tvm in adv

Yes. The EF-S 18-55 have a rotating front barrel when the lens is focusing so it will not work will a circular polariser as u need to turn the polariser to get the desired effect and a rotating front lens barrel will offset it.

U mean dry cabinet? U may want to consider Digicabi, Akarui or Am-Pro.

1.5mths is nothing without a dry cabinet. I lived without one for over a year before i bought it eventually and fortunately, all my equipment are still ok.

possible to use, only very troublesome as you will have to lock focus and turn the polariser to get maximum effect before you do a full press to snap the shot. ;)

possible to use, only very troublesome as you will have to lock focus and turn the polariser to get maximum effect before you do a full press to snap the shot. ;)

Then it defeats the purpose and it's troublesome.

Then it defeats the purpose and it's troublesome.

there is a different between cannot and hard...

edit: imho, its actually pretty easy, just hold on to the shutter and turn... you can do this with 2 hand or should i say you gotta do it with 2 hand in any or everyway other than having another support for your camera.

there is a different between cannot and hard...

edit: imho, its actually pretty easy, just hold on to the shutter and turn... you can do this with 2 hand or should i say you gotta do it with 2 hand in any or everyway other than having another support for your camera.

But i really suggest not using the kit lens with a CPL. I'd rather TS get the 50mm f/1.8 II or other lens which do not have front barrel rotation when focusing.

actually I am looking for a EF 50mm/f1.4 .. I believe this lens wil not have any problem with the CPL.. pls reinforce :think:

actually I am looking for a EF 50mm/f1.4 .. I believe this lens wil not have any problem with the CPL.. pls reinforce :think:

Definitely can use better. Even my f/1.8 II one already can use but now i use it for close-ups with close-up filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.