Using camera in wet environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelongcj

Nov 19, 2008
Hi,

I have to film the National Inter School Swimming Championships Finals on Tuesday and Wednesday for long periods of time with a video camera.

As this being a wet environment, I'm a bit scared that water would get to the camera, hence this question to seek advice from those who are more experienced.

Thanks.

please explain how would recording the Swimming Finals will get your camera wet?
Unless you are gungho and want to do water surface point of view.

But i don't think that you would be allowed to do that.

please explain how would recording the Swimming Finals will get your camera wet?
Unless you are gungho and want to do water surface point of view.

But i don't think that you would be allowed to do that.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Another equipment paranoid thread

Maybe want to take macro shot ;p

Your equipment should be mounted in a safe distance from the pool, away from the water splash, people running, etc.

Unless it rains?

Ziplock bag with hole for lens to stick out.

That's how I shoot outdoors when it rains.

Cheap, effective.

How about a weather sealed camera...
Or the waterproof camera bag?

Marie

Get 1D3 with a 400mm lens... sure won't get wet one - get wet also no problem =p.

But seriously, just get plastic/ziplock bag, cut a hole for the lens and secure it with rubber band. Should be enough.

extremely unlikely, unless you're incredibly near the pool where the splashing can get on to you. hehe, if you're paranoid just wrap it with cling film/plastic

how about an underwater housing, than even if you decide to get dramatic underwater scenes of the swimmers touching the wall at the finish
you can

good luck!

If you just worry about spash proof just go get olympus E-3, with HG lense that will do.
We survived heavy rain in Pulau Ubin in one outing suppose to be taking photo of rustic environment, later turned out becoming a test on how splash-proof Olympus E-3 is with HG lense. :heart:

Hi,

I have to film the National Inter School Swimming Championships Finals on Tuesday and Wednesday for long periods of time with a video camera.

As this being a wet environment, I'm a bit scared that water would get to the camera, hence this question to seek advice from those who are more experienced.

Thanks.

BTW...what type of video cam are you going to use?

Hi,

Thanks.

TS says he needs to take video, nothing to do with yr E3 and 1Dses....

First of all, the competition is held indoors @ sports school...so no worry of rain...

Next, usually for video coverage, the closest u will probably get is at the pool side..side of the pool is pretty safe...if u are talking about the finish with water splash at the wall..and that u wanna get close to that...live with a ziplock lo....anyway the platform u are on is elevated from the surface of the water...its not like its going to be TT wet......

Hi,

Thanks.

The others are right, wait until u shoot in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.