Using Cam in Low Temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
Will be making a trip to korea next feb....visiting some ski resort...heard it will be cold...

will my dslr freeze??? or should i bring film???

cheers....

You could refer to your camera manual and specifications, i suppose. They should specify what is the lowest temperature allowed. I don't suppose it should be a big problem, but then, i haven't really tried subjecting my cam under low temp. :)

the camera can withstand cold but the battery will become inactive... so keep the batteries in a warm place (close to your body) and change them as the ones in the cold become weak... heat them up and they will be ok.

yup i know about the batt thing.... i tot maybe the shutter will freeze or something haha..... wat bout CF cards?

try taking long exposure inside your fridge lor.. to see whether the cam will work in low temp :p

Piece of advise:
remember to put your extra batteries in your laugage when you boarding the plane (to & fro). :nono:
I had an incident where all my extra batteries were kept with me when I boarding the plane coming back to Singapore, the imigration officer in that country confiscated my batteries saying that it has to be shipped seperately.

If u don't want to waste your time in doing all the neccesary paper work, please keep your extra batteries in your laugage. :)

hmmm///on the singapore side??? not possible le...never happened to me before haha..

Witness said:
yup i know about the batt thing.... i tot maybe the shutter will freeze or something haha..... wat bout CF cards?

the nikon D100 travelled to everest and only had battery issues... im sure you are not going to anywhere near as cold as everest... dont worry dude.

hehe....tt's very nice to go....

i intend to go to k2 one day.....any guide to intro???

cheers..

Witness said:
hmmm///on the singapore side??? not possible le...never happened to me before haha..

No leh, when going out from Singapore, no problem. It happens only when I prepare to come back from Kathemandu (Nepal), all batteries were confiscated and ship back seperately. The best thing is, when I reached Singapore, the batteries never take the same flight back! :eek:
I had to go to the Airport the second day to collect my batteries.

Thats the worst experience I had... :dunno:

Did you try asking them to let you insert and turn on your camera as proof that they are batteries and not C4 in disguise? Wonder if that will help.

retrok said:
Did you try asking them to let you insert and turn on your camera as proof that they are batteries and not C4 in disguise? Wonder if that will help.

After I came back to Singapore, in the Baggage reclaim office, they did stated that excess batteries are not allowed to put in your hand carrying bags. must check in with your normal lauggages. :eek:

Sartorius said:
After I came back to Singapore, in the Baggage reclaim office, they did stated that excess batteries are not allowed to put in your hand carrying bags. must check in with your normal lauggages. :eek:

icic... ok, must remember to do so in future. Thanks for the warning. :)

Witness said:
this only happens on the nepal side is it?

I don't think so. When I came back and claim back the batteries, there is a guy infront of me coming back from Korea who is also facing the same problem. Batteries were confiscated over at Korea airport and send back to Singapore seperately.

Witness said:
Also check the voltage range of your charger as well as the adaptor plug. Some countries have only 2 pin socket. In cold condition, the battery does not last for as many shots like in Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.