Using built in flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
the link is confirm there. I had no problem looking at it. :embrass:

Are u guys using IE??

Firefly- welcome. Got this knowledge from my coll so I just share around with the rest of the ppl. ;)

In any case, this is the site to view but you might need to register and login in order to view:)

Cool...I've been looking on semitransparent plastic to make my own Stofen OmniBounce. Still waitin for my A80 to b returned from service centre. Hey juz 1 question....what setting you all use in the Achiever 115A/S slave flash? M or A? I've using M manual setting and the photos looks more exposed than A which is more underexposed.

incubus - i'll look forward the pic from u soon.

cheewooi - well, as the flash is flashing directly at the object, you might consider to have fast shutter speed. The longer it is, it will be more exposed as what you are facing. :)

I tried at office shooting at my coll around 2 m away. I rem I set my shutter speed at 1/1300. Aperture: f2.8. All on M mode. With bright orange lightning from the ceiling.

If not, try using P mode. If it's nice, take note the setting then try play ard the setting on M mode so you get a better pic. Thats what I do :sweatsm:

diffuser_by_input_output.jpg

diffuser_by_input_output.jpg

hope the pic shows up..
newbie her, dun really know how a off the shelf unit should work, so do enlighten me...
juz made dis an hour ago... made from the inner cardboard of my tommy hillfiger perfume.
cut 2 holes on each end. (bigger where flash is to be inserted) the other end juz taped some gauze i have lying ard..
honestly, it needs some getting used to, like all equipments, need to experiment and get the hang of it to utilise porperly.
have to open up the aperture to f/4.0~f/5.6 when its sopposed to be at f/8

thanks

Whats ur flash model?

I aint sure how to make a bounce to ceiling card for my flash. :think:

its a vivitar 283
but ive also had some 50/50 resluts with on board flash,onboard flash is sometimes to weak even whe set to full blast, external is too bright set to minimum power.
playing ard with the diy to see if it fits my shooting style
cheers

megaweb said:
Mount a external slave flash (ensure it can sync to your camera flash) to a bracket and make use of camera internal flash to trigger the slave flash to bounce off the ceiling.

See my custom setup for A70 (ignore the reversed lens mounted in front)
a70_setup_05_std.jpg

Click here to see sample shots

Click here to read the article setup

Hi Megaweb,

I've some queries regarding these wedding photos

http://megaweb.clubsnap.org/a70/cliff_wedding/

1. Did you use external slave flash? but the exif shows that the built-in flash were switched off in all the photos, so how did you sync the camera to the external flash?

2. What ISO and exposure compensation were used for all the photos?

3. Were the mode set to Shutter Priority at 1/60?

Hi I tinking of making a small diffuser for my A95.. maybe using white paper and some wires (or paper clips) to hold it to the cam...

Just wondering...can the paper actually touch the flash itself?...or do I need to leave some spacing between the flash and the paper?....read somewhere in the manual b4 tat warn us not to touch the flash...in case short circuit or too hot?? :dunno:

Hope tat someone can help~!...thks~! :)

scramblur11 said:
Hi I tinking of making a small diffuser for my A95.. maybe using white paper and some wires (or paper clips) to hold it to the cam...

Just wondering...can the paper actually touch the flash itself?...or do I need to leave some spacing between the flash and the paper?....read somewhere in the manual b4 tat warn us not to touch the flash...in case short circuit or too hot?? :dunno:

I seldom or rather never like using flash for photography. Still I think shouldn't touch the flash la! It's hot you know. Any expert can advise? :think:

scramblur11 said:

Experiment.....try what you think will work and see if the result is acceptable to you. This is DIGITAL.....you can check result straight away and do multiple testing.

The flash is just warm to touch only. No worry. Take a picture with flash and then touch the flash, it won't burn your finger at all. If it burnl, most probably you will see a big red warning notice on the camera, because someone will most probably sue the company to get money because there is no WARNING label and he/she get burn because of it.

tankm said:
Experiment.....try what you think will work and see if the result is acceptable to you. This is DIGITAL.....you can check result straight away and do multiple testing.

The flash is just warm to touch only. No worry. Take a picture with flash and then touch the flash, it won't burn your finger at all. If it burnl, most probably you will see a big red warning notice on the camera, because someone will most probably sue the company to get money because there is no WARNING label and he/she get burn because of it.

oh thanks...but actually I more worry whether it will short circuit easily?...

guess I will try out the new diffuser soon...thks

Use a deflect-up way, like pointing your external flash up to the ceiling, and add a bounce card like reflector just above the flash to maximise the internal flash power. I tested such a device (self made) 2 days back, much better flash output.

theITguy said:
Use a deflect-up way, like pointing your external flash up to the ceiling, and add a bounce card like reflector just above the flash to maximise the internal flash power. I tested such a device (self made) 2 days back, much better flash output.

hey thanks for ur help...

but actually just realise tat there a new optional High Power Flash accessory, the HF-DC1, for the new ixus and powershot A cams....just try email canon usa to ask them whether can be used for my A95....hope it can.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.