Using adobe photoshop?

Do you use photoshop?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acetylcholine

Jun 13, 2003
Visit site
how many of the ppl out here use photoshop ?

Do you use photoshop for the following activities:
a) layers, curves,filters, sharpening and other extensive image manipulation
b) resize, cropping, adding of signature and other trivial/non invasive image manipulation

as suggested by erm..forgot to copy the name... :embrass:

perhaps should be phrased as:

b) resize, cropping, adding of signature and other trivial/non invasive image manipulation

loupgarou said:
perhaps should be phrased as:

:thumbsup: hey thanks man....didnt think of it :embrass:

I voted no... where to get the latest photoshop OEM? version?
do i need to photoshop my pics?

Photoshop is exorbitantly expensive. I use GIMP on Linux. It's very good. I use it for levels, curves, colour balance, resizing, cropping, sharpening, etc.
http://www.gimp.org/

Only use it for some basic editing as i am really suck on using this software. I do most of my resizing using Nikon view software.

sriram said:
Photoshop is exorbitantly expensive. I use GIMP on Linux. It's very good. I use it for levels, curves, colour balance, resizing, cropping, sharpening, etc.
http://www.gimp.org/
hmm means i'll have to get a linux box up... my 2nd hand a100 doesn't seem to come with any manipulation software...

i believe some other models come with PS Elements at least. :(

fuzzyduck said:
hmm means i'll have to get a linux box up... my 2nd hand a100 doesn't seem to come with any manipulation software...

The GIMP is also available on Windows. It's currently at ver 2.0. See www.gimp.org

yah man..i use photoshop for all my photos...i think its something all digital guys should shoot unless you get what you want all the time...even so....things like borders and signatures cant be done unless you have a digital image manip software....:)

its like film developing...the veterans like to do their own developing because they get wet and dirty and personal with ther works...its the same for me just that its digital....if quite ironical if we pick up a DSLR and not expedite the potential of the post production side...might as well stick to film..:)

Hi KiwiTan....Does Hong Lim sell photoshop 7 (oem) for Mac Os?Thanks

i only know how to use irfanview v3.8. hehe.

chriszzz said:
The GIMP is also available on Windows. It's currently at ver 2.0. See www.gimp.org

Sadly, the Windows version seems to occasionaly crash on me. Actually under
Linux the same, albeit much less frequently :D

But, I noticed that that adjusting curves, color balance, contrast etc. in
Gimp seems to produce results inferior to what Photoshop users seem to
be able to achieve. I wonder whether is it because GIMP uses 8 bits for
each primary color while Photoshop uses 16 therefore the calculation are
more accurate, or is it me doing something wrong? :dunno:

I'd love the bad results to be my fault and someone tell me how to do it
right, because I don't have money for Photoshop but I keep getting
frustrated by the results I get with GIMP :(

Turbo Photo 3.6 is quite good too. :)

Help needed here!!!

Does anyone know how to adjust pictures, which have slanted one side, using Photoshop. I seen before someone doing it, but I forgot it as I am not so into editing at that time.

Please help here. Thanks

now then i realised that i only need photoshop to

1. sharpen
2. crop
3. adjust exposure
4. adjust contrast
5. adjust colour
6. some simple special effects

and no more

skyline_impreza said:
Help needed here!!!

Does anyone know how to adjust pictures, which have slanted one side, using Photoshop. I seen before someone doing it, but I forgot it as I am not so into editing at that time.

Please help here. Thanks

- Open the picture you want to adjust.
- From the tools menu, look for the eye dropper tool (somewhere at bottom), left click and hold. It will open another window with options, click on "measusre tool".
- You will see a little ruler like icon with a cross. Use this to mark the horizontal or vertical line you wish to adjust as in the side of a building by holding the left mouse button and drag along the line to be adjusted. Release mouse button, you will see a line drawn.
- Go to image > rotate canvas > arbitrary. You will see a window with the angle to be adjusted clockwise or anti clockwise. Click on 'ok'.
- Your picture will be adjusted according to the horizontal or vertical accordingly.
- You will need to crop your picture from here to have a proper pic.

Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.