Using adaptors on Nikon F mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

serial_lain

Nikon recommends that a interfacing adaptor be used when using their bellows as the bellows mount will damage AF contacts. What about lens adaptors? I checked my old m42 lens adaptors and it depresses the AF contacts.. will this damage the contacts too? thanks

i have read of such a claim previously on nikonian forum perhaps u can check it out

i got a similar problem but more because there is physical impedement with the battery grip against the bellows mount. I fixed a 25mm extension tube to make space.

Cheers
Ryan

Nikon recommends that a interfacing adaptor be used when using their bellows as the bellows mount will damage AF contacts. What about lens adaptors? I checked my old m42 lens adaptors and it depresses the AF contacts.. will this damage the contacts too? thanks

I DOUBT SO things are built to last

yeah i saw that comment on the nikonian forum too.. hmm using extension tubes sounds like a good way to make space clearance and protect the mount.. ill check it out thanks!

I should not think it is so much of a problem.

Rather... i think focusing at infinitly might be more of any issue for m42 lens on nikon bodies...

I DOUBT SO things are built to last

Not if you use something that the manufacturer doesn't recommend. Not all manufacturer subscribe to the built to last philisophy though. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.