Using a film that was rewound

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmackid

Jul 22, 2006
h e y ,

I accidentally got my film rewound while attempting to set the multiple exposure function and I have only taken 3 shots! Is there anyway I could still get it to be used or am I only left with a choice of developing it?

Thanks for the help.

Yes.....just wind it forward to a couple more shots and you can still use the rest of the unfinished films.

Wind the film forward ? my film EOS does not have such function. Usually I put on the lens cap, set Manual mode with settings like f22, fastest shutter speed 1/2000 sec. Trigger the shutter to advance the film.

load the film in the usual way,
fire three shots with the the lens cap on (so it suppose to be total underexpose on you already exposed 3 frames),
fire one or two more frames to have the spacing between the 3 exposed frames and the new frames,
shoot the rest of the roll as usual way.

h e y ,

I accidentally got my film rewound while attempting to set the multiple exposure function and I have only taken 3 shots! Is there anyway I could still get it to be used or am I only left with a choice of developing it?

Thanks for the help.
Seems like you guys forgot one thing.. Pick the film leader out first if everything has been wound in... (you will need a film picker to do that) then follow those instructions previously given by the rest. ;)

Seems like you guys forgot one thing.. Pick the film leader out first if everything has been wound in... (you will need a film picker to do that) then follow those instructions previously given by the rest. ;)
Can try using your saliva and another roll of film.

use the lead of an already processed roll of film
stick it in your mouth and coat with a thin layer of saliva
stick the lead into the film canister
use your sense of touch to feel if you got it and pull out

easier to just buy a film picker, also cleaner

where to get?

so is this a good way to avoid having to avoid having to use up the whole roll (or waste the unexposed part) and still switch to a different iso film or to black and white film?

and instead of lenscap on, small aperture, can just put the body cap on and click? (dun even know if my film cam can do this)

First time hear tis..:thumbsup: Can elaborate more on how to do it?
Put saliva (usually I use water) on new film lead, insert that lead into rolled film and move it out slowly. You need to practice for this method. Easier way is to buy special tool (film picker?).

Last time when I use film, I keep ~10cm unused film lead for this purpose. Can switch ASA before film ended ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

If you are not going to extract the film leader from the roll of film frequently, my advice is to bring it to any photo lab to ask their help. They will have the tool to help you.

Izit possible to slowly manually rewind (if camera got manual rewind crank) until feel slightly less tension, meaning film has left take up spool but not completely gone into the canister yet, then immediately stop rewind and open up ?
Maybe put camera to ear to help hear.

Put saliva (usually I use water) on new film lead, insert that lead into rolled film and move it out slowly. You need to practice for this method. Easier way is to buy special tool (film picker?).

Last time when I use film, I keep ~10cm unused film lead for this purpose. Can switch ASA before film ended .

Regards,
Arto.

Thank you so much for sharing the tip..:D

Izit possible to slowly manually rewind (if camera got manual rewind crank) until feel slightly less tension, meaning film has left take up spool but not completely gone into the canister yet, then immediately stop rewind and open up ?
That's what usually I do last time.

Remember to noted the exposure frame number to help you advance the film to non exposure frame.

Regards,
Arto.

Can try using your saliva and another roll of film.
First time hear tis..:thumbsup: Can elaborate more on how to do it?

Use your mouth and spit onto the ground (or wherever you like) in disgust, then go and buy new film to use.

Cusing and swearing is optional.

:eek: :eek:

Sorry.... :embrass: I was thinking of something else...totally!

Use your mouth and spit onto the ground (or wherever you like) in disgust, then go and buy new film to use.

LOL Seriously, that's what I thought when I first saw the saliva trick post.
Whoever thought of that trick first is a genius.

Yes, it's possible, takes some practice also. Some cameras with power rewind can set whether you want the leader in or out.

It works! After much saliva... thanks guys... although i did kind of dent my film leader a bit i think

Status
Not open for further replies.