using 50mm as micro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just bought reverse ring for my 50mm to try out on micro.The question is ,if u reverse the lense ,I notice that that there is a lever closing the lense and only open when u push the lever .How do I control this,should i use a tape or there is other way?:dunno: Pls advise

Thanks

Hi just bought reverse ring for my 50mm to try out on micro.The question is ,if u reverse the lense ,I notice that that there is a lever closing the lense and only open when u push the lever .How do I control this,should i use a tape or there is other way?:dunno: Pls advise

Thanks

Nikon or Canon or others?

Nikkor 50mm has aperture ring which you can use to open up the aperture.

BC

Thanks

I use my 50mm with two +2 close-up filters stacked. Gives relatively gd close-ups (approx. 1:2), but pic quality becomes a tad soft.

He seems to be a Nikon user.

So if you're using the 50mm f1.8, there is a aperture ring. Unlock it by lifting up the catch and turn the aperture down to f22.s

So if you're using the 50mm f1.8, there is a aperture ring. Unlock it by lifting up the catch and turn the aperture down to f22.s
f/1.8...

BC

Nikon lenses can also stack close-ups mah.

yup manage to do it,unfortunately the ring cannot mount to my nikon D200....hmmm.purchase from ppcponline,email them but not waiting for reply..i think its a canon mount they give me....
thanks guys for the info given.

If you have any DIY abilities, you could do something like I did. Regardless of brand, it should work if you get the proper extension tubes. I can reverse any lens and have full control of the lens.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=264305

Have a look to get some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.