using 50mm as micro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just bought reverse ring for my 50mm to try out on micro.The question is ,if u reverse the lense ,I notice that that there is a lever closing the lense and only open when u push the lever .How do I control this,should i use a tape or there is other way?:dunno: Pls advise

Thanks

Jan 14, 2005
Hi just bought reverse ring for my 50mm to try out on micro.The question is ,if u reverse the lense ,I notice that that there is a lever closing the lense and only open when u push the lever .How do I control this,should i use a tape or there is other way?:dunno: Pls advise

Thanks
Nikon or Canon or others?

Nikkor 50mm has aperture ring which you can use to open up the aperture.

BC

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore

Thanks
I use my 50mm with two +2 close-up filters stacked. Gives relatively gd close-ups (approx. 1:2), but pic quality becomes a tad soft.

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
He seems to be a Nikon user.

So if you're using the 50mm f1.8, there is a aperture ring. Unlock it by lifting up the catch and turn the aperture down to f22.s

Jan 14, 2005
He seems to be a Nikon user.

So if you're using the 50mm f1.8, there is a aperture ring. Unlock it by lifting up the catch and turn the aperture down to f22.s
f/1.8...

BC

yup manage to do it,unfortunately the ring cannot mount to my nikon D200....hmmm.purchase from ppcponline,email them but not waiting for reply..i think its a canon mount they give me....
thanks guys for the info given.

OlyFlyer

Mar 22, 2006
If you have any DIY abilities, you could do something like I did. Regardless of brand, it should work if you get the proper extension tubes. I can reverse any lens and have full control of the lens.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=264305

Have a look to get some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom