Uses of F1.8 85mm and F2 35mm Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMediaLuz

Dec 3, 2008
I just bought the F1.8 85mm and F2 35mm lens from a nice gentleman here. :cool:

Based on what I read from the forum, these lens are used alot in portrait and street shots.

For purpose of discussion and to explore more possibilities, I would like to ask what other shots are you using these lens for.
Eg. What event, environment, lighting conditions, whether moving or stationary objects etc etc.

I just bought the F1.8 85mm and F2 35mm lens from a nice gentleman here. :cool:

Based on what I read from the forum, these lens are used alot in portrait and street shots.

For purpose of discussion and to explore more possibilities, I would like to ask what other shots are you using these lens for.
Eg. What event, environment, lighting conditions, whether moving or stationary objects etc etc.

They can be used for ANYTHING... just open up your mind and use them accordingly... both are nice large aperture lenses so dun be afraid to experiment....

Just have fun with them....

I don't have an 85/1.8, but I have the 35/2 and it being a large aperture lens, I use it mostly for indoor shots of my nephew & niece. Outdoors also can since it gives a roughly normal view, but so far, I've been using it for kids. =)

They can be used for ANYTHING... just open up your mind and use them accordingly... both are nice large aperture lenses so dun be afraid to experiment....

Just have fun with them....

Totally agree. But since these are large aperture lens, was wondering what people here are taking to take advantage of that.

I have the 85f1.8, mainly use it for head shots for adults & children.
Really nice lens to have. Fast & sharp wide open.

Totally agree. But since these are large aperture lens, was wondering what people here are taking to take advantage of that.

Night, low light...

bokeh, etc....

F.18 85mm
Use for indoor events sometimes. Great lens.Never regret buying.

Once you use primes on FF cams... hard to go back :D

Ya...had it for less than 3 days, already feel like selling my 2 kit (zoom) lens. Would have done so if the price for 2nd hand kit lenses were not so low!

Status
Not open for further replies.