Macro focus range - 1 cm

What does this mean?

Zoom tele (T) 140 mm - 4x
Digital zoom - 4x

Does this mean total 16x zoom?

How long does your AA batteries last?
Can you link me to your photo gallery?

Thanks... :)

If I nt wrong, macro focus mean the nearest it can focus at? 1cm from object.....btw I thought the nearest marco focus for A610 is 4cm?

It has 4x optical and 4x digital zoom.....optical zoom is more important and quality don't reduce....digital zoom mainly enlarging pixel onli.....

scramblur11 said:
If I nt wrong, macro focus mean the nearest it can focus at? 1cm from object.....btw I thought the nearest marco focus for A610 is 4cm?

It has 4x optical and 4x digital zoom.....optical zoom is more important and quality don't reduce....digital zoom mainly enlarging pixel onli.....

hmm... what do u mean by nearest it can focus at?

does it mean that I can stand 5 cm away from object while taking a macro shot?

kl241280 said:
hmm... what do u mean by nearest it can focus at?

does it mean that I can stand 5 cm away from object while taking a macro shot?

I mean the nearest ur camera's lens can go towards a object and be able to focus is 5cm away....if ur nearest focusing is 5cm....

if u go any closer, it cant focus liao....but the focus depends on the contrast between objects as well....if ur object and background all same color den very diff to focus liao...

kl241280 said:
Macro focus range - 1 cm

What does this mean?

Zoom tele (T) 140 mm - 4x
Digital zoom - 4x

Does this mean total 16x zoom?

How long does your AA batteries last?
Can you link me to your photo gallery?

Thanks... :)

Macro focus range at 1 cm means you can put your camera's lens 1cm away from the subject and still able to take clear pictures. (Competitors are around 5cm).

Optical zoom is the power of your lens. It's got to do with changing of the focal length (that's where you see the lens moving in and out of the camera) while framing the picture.

Digital zoom is the processor simluted zoom, different from optical as it does not represent reality.

I ran mine on GP 1600 batteries and it can take over 300 shots. And that's just GP1600, I haven't got time to test my GP2100 batteries.

This camera is definitely capable of taking good photos.

i bought this digicam just for simple shots... nothing fanciful

i find the preset modes pretty good... :)

hey guys. any idea if there's such thing like.. a screen protector for A620/A610 anot ah? cuz wanna prevent dust on the screen leh... it'd be worse if dust gets INTO the screen.

thanks!

kl241280 said:
cool... i've just bought mine @ AP for $640 :)

:embrass: Hi

Does the price come with any Freebies ? :embrass:

kl241280 said:
a lot... just came back from Bukit Timah...

failure in macro shots :(

can never master it... dunno y

Perhaps you want to post your results up for some advice? Generally compact cams can take pretty good macro shots provided your subject isn't too far away.

fabiaN__ said:
hey guys. any idea if there's such thing like.. a screen protector for A620/A610 anot ah? cuz wanna prevent dust on the screen leh... it'd be worse if dust gets INTO the screen.

thanks!

Yes, there is.
I think it's around $5.

animian2002 said:
:embrass: Hi

Does the price come with any Freebies ? :embrass:

yup... till 26/12/2005

Canon promo - Free GP 2100 batteries & charger kit & 256mb SD Card :)

AP oredi did the redemption for their customers... save us the trouble to travel to Canon :thumbsup:

kl241280 said:
yup... till 26/12/2005

Canon promo - Free GP 2100 batteries & charger kit & 256mb SD Card :)

AP oredi did the redemption for their customers... save us the trouble to travel to Canon :thumbsup:

Thanks, I just got my A620 today at AP.

Now trying to figure how to use it :embrass:

Just bought the A610 few weeks ago, very happy with it. Everything seems faster, the recording speed, image preview etc.. as compare to my old A40. :p

This camera benefits from a fast SD card, so don't forget to buy a faster one.

Status
Not open for further replies.