User of Nissin Di622 - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Lam CK

Jul 2, 2009
Admiralty
glamphotography-ck.blogspot.com
I bought this flash from a fellow cser but the manual was not included. Unfortunately i lost his contact. I'm attempting to use the slave mode. According to his demostration, i need to press the mode button down for abt 2 sec, then the light will blink and that's indication of the slave mode ready. I'm at that stage now but the flash didnt triggered when i took a photo.

Anyone can teach me how to use the slave mode? im using 450D.

Thx...

I bought this flash from a fellow cser but the manual was not included. Unfortunately i lost his contact. I'm attempting to use the slave mode. According to his demostration, i need to press the mode button down for abt 2 sec, then the light will blink and that's indication of the slave mode ready. I'm at that stage now but the flash didnt triggered when i took a photo.

Thx...

Hi Gerald,
I also got this flash recently. Let me see if I can help.
You are right about pressing the mode button till the light blinks.
This flash is can only be triggered optically. I am not sure if the 450d has a optical transmitter.
If you fire your camera flash, it should trigger the nissin.

Thx...

you gotta take a photo with your pop-up flash in order to trigger the Di622. But it's only an optical trigger. No TTL, etc...

Hi Gerald,
I also got this flash recently. Let me see if I can help.
You are right about pressing the mode button till the light blinks.
This flash is can only be triggered optically. I am not sure if the 450d has a optical transmitter.
If you fire your camera flash, it should trigger the nissin.

you gotta take a photo with your pop-up flash in order to trigger the Di622. But it's only an optical trigger. No TTL, etc...

oh..so meaning i must pop up my built in flash in oder for the slave mode to work? Okok..i will give it a try. Thx dudes!

hahahaa... yes. Otherwise how do you expect the Nissin to know when to fire? 6th sense? :)

Also, the 'sensor' of the flash has to be oriented towards the main flash (in this case your popup flash) so that it can pick up the initial flash and fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.