User feedback on Konnoc batteries and chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Sanyo 2100 batteries are now officially RIP. After a full charge, I can only fire about 10 flashes before they die and refuse to power up my speedlite. They barely last more than 100 recharges.

Anyway, I have searched the forums and read all the Konnoc-related threads but none so conclusive report on whether this China-brand charger and batteries are good or better than Sanyo. Can users of both Sanyo and Konnoc come in and feedback on them?

Would like to buy the Konnoc batteries and would like to hear the review first before buying.

not too sure abt konnoc batts personally.. but some time back ESPN has mentioned abt the super fast charging batts and charger.. think it's Varta or something like that.. It's able to charge the batts in 15min.. Do check it out with him if u are interested...

As for myself.. i'm using 2300 mah and 2500 mah batts on maha charger.. it works perfectly fine for me.. on avg i can fire at least 400 shots with my sb-800 diffuser on my 2300mah batt (of course more on the 2500 mah)..

cheers..

destiny_star said:
not too sure abt konnoc batts personally.. but some time back ESPN has mentioned abt the super fast charging batts and charger.. think it's Varta or something like that.. It's able to charge the batts in 15min.. Do check it out with him if u are interested...

As for myself.. i'm using 2300 mah and 2500 mah batts on maha charger.. it works perfectly fine for me.. on avg i can fire at least 400 shots with my sb-800 diffuser on my 2300mah batt (of course more on the 2500 mah)..

cheers..

well, i just collected my konnoc charger (plus 4 free batts) and bought extra set of konnoc batts on thur. the batts are just like any other 2500mHa batts. i plonked 8 into my SLR. after half-day of shooting, its still full.

the charger works as advertised. slightly more than 2 hrs to charge 4 batts. way faster than my sanyo charger.

if u want really really fast, yah. get the varta... if u can afford it. u can only use varta batts on varta charger, IIRC. cost abt twice my konnoc charger. :sweat:

nightwolf75 said:
well, i just collected my konnoc charger (plus 4 free batts) and bought extra set of konnoc batts on thur. the batts are just like any other 2500mHa batts. i plonked 8 into my SLR. after half-day of shooting, its still full.

the charger works as advertised. slightly more than 2 hrs to charge 4 batts. way faster than my sanyo charger.

if u want really really fast, yah. get the varta... if u can afford it. u can only use varta batts on varta charger, IIRC. cost abt twice my konnoc charger. :sweat:
hi! where you get your 2500mAh konnoc battery?$$??? I need couple more cos i have the konnoc charger.Btw, does your charger have illuminated display as in the packaging/??Many thanks.

mine has no illuminated display...I thought it has, as the packaging shows the orange display...but still ok to use :)

Or anybody's Konnoc got illuminated display?

eosslr said:
hi! where you get your 2500mAh konnoc battery?$$??? I need couple more cos i have the konnoc charger.Btw, does your charger have illuminated display as in the packaging/??Many thanks.

from eastgear lor. bought a 4pc pack for $15.

mine only has the LCD display at the front of the charger showing the status of charging.

nightwolf75 said:
from eastgear lor. bought a 4pc pack for $15.

mine only has the LCD display at the front of the charger showing the status of charging.

the screen will surelt show the display but what i meant was if it is illuminated/backlit at the background.mine doesnt.Tot it has when i bought it. I went to eastgear webby but they don seem to sell the batt.Mayb have to make a trip down. any idea if i can mixed same amp batt but diff brand??

eosslr said:
the screen will surelt show the display but what i meant was if it is illuminated/backlit at the background.mine doesnt.Tot it has when i bought it. I went to eastgear webby but they don seem to sell the batt.Mayb have to make a trip down. any idea if i can mixed same amp batt but diff brand??

oic. din really notice the packaging. i was more than happy with my set. went home immediately and ripped open the package to use. mebbe shld examine the packaging closer tonite... :bsmilie:

they dun? thot they have a whole rack of konnoc batts on sale next to the cashier? :think: i just bought my last thur.

i normally dun mix batts of different brands when charging. but, dats just me. i dunno if it will screw up ur batts if u mix up different brands. :dunno:

the circuit is independent, so shouldn't have problem mixing different batteries, but better check with eastgear.com.

eosslr said:
I was saying that I did not see them posting the konnoc batt sale on their webby.Anyway will make a trip down.8pcs will be $30.Some online chap selling same Amp sanyo 8pcs for only $31.*sigh*tempting man.....

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/89689818?aucview=0x30

orh... the stocks just came in like early last week. guess they are busy with the upcoming Comex to update their site. i guess they will be offering the konnoc for sale at Comex? mebbe u can wait till this thur to check it out? EG will be closed, i guess, fm thur to sun since they are at Comex?

the good thing abt konnoc charger (like the maha) is dat u can use other brands on it. i got a mix of sanyo and konnoc now. IIRC, EG is selling sanyo at $19. :think:

nightwolf75 said:
orh... the stocks just came in like early last week. guess they are busy with the upcoming Comex to update their site. i guess they will be offering the konnoc for sale at Comex? mebbe u can wait till this thur to check it out? EG will be closed, i guess, fm thur to sun since they are at Comex?

the good thing abt konnoc charger (like the maha) is dat u can use other brands on it. i got a mix of sanyo and konnoc now. IIRC, EG is selling sanyo at $19. :think:

Oh yA! comex is around the corner!!! totally slip my mind.Guess will wait out for that.Thnk could be on sale.Hopefully have sanyo too...sanyo and this konnoc have competition man....ehheh

so which rechargable batt is the best?? varta only can take 230V and only 80% fully charge, sanyo cant charge half full batt which is inconvenient on the move, sony died on someone, maha charger got problems... i think the whole issue is a big problem. dont noe which is the best rechargable batt for my sb600. very problemmmmmmmmmmm:dunno:

eosslr said:
Oh yA! comex is around the corner!!! totally slip my mind.Guess will wait out for that.Thnk could be on sale.Hopefully have sanyo too...sanyo and this konnoc have competition man....ehheh

hehe... actually these 2 still cannot even come close to touching the current king of the hill for rechargables - Varta. 15mins max to charge 4 2500mHa batts... :sweat:

nightwolf75 said:
hehe... actually these 2 still cannot even come close to touching the current king of the hill for rechargables - Varta. 15mins max to charge 4 2500mHa batts... :sweat:
may i noe how much is varta charger + 4 batt?? where is the best place to get these

damienster said:
so which rechargable batt is the best?? varta only can take 230V and only 80% fully charge, sanyo cant charge half full batt which is inconvenient on the move, sony died on someone, maha charger got problems... i think the whole issue is a big problem. dont noe which is the best rechargable batt for my sb600. very problemmmmmmmmmmm:dunno:

err.. pardon me.. but wat u mean by "sanyo can't charge half full batt"?? u want half charged batteries?? :bsmilie:

i'm pretty sure the so called fault on maha charger is a very rare occurance.. and if i'm not wrong EG would usually do a change for u provided ur warranty is still valid.

If u think u need the super fast charger b'coz u dun have time.. dan get the Varta batts + Charger... but damn ex. :sweat: OR if u're on budget constraint.. get Konnoc.. which is supposedly not too bad.. and some may even say better dan sanyo..

so wat's so problematic abt?? My maha charger with sanyo batts (2300mah and 2500mah 10 each) has been very loyal to me all these while... No hiccups no mishap.. :)

Hi, I have two sets of Konoc batts (1 set= 4pcs of 2500mAh) and a charger. So far they have not failed me when used with the SB-800 Speedlight - fired many shots until I lost count. Full charge for 4 batts takes about 20mins (claimed 15mins) and they don seem to overheat. The construction of the charger looks flimsy though. Comes wif car and usb charger somemore. Think I bought it for under $40. Varta is abt $80, and it comes wif a huge voltage adaptor, cumbersome for travelling... Not sure how long my Konocs will last, but so far so good. :)

ironargon said:
Hi, I have two sets of Konoc batts (1 set= 4pcs of 2500mAh) and a charger. So far they have not failed me when used with the SB-800 Speedlight - fired many shots until I lost count. Full charge for 4 batts takes about 20mins (claimed 15mins) and they don seem to overheat. The construction of the charger looks flimsy though. Comes wif car and usb charger somemore. Think I bought it for under $40. Varta is abt $80, and it comes wif a huge voltage adaptor, cumbersome for travelling... Not sure how long my Konocs will last, but so far so good. :)

Do you mean your Konnoc batteries can be charged under 20 min? :think:

crazypaladin said:
Do you mean your Konnoc batteries can be charged under 20 min? :think:

huh???Really under 20min for konnoc.../?????

Status
Not open for further replies.