User custom setting

ahboy168

Mar 30, 2009
East
What is your user custom settings (dial C1, C2, C3) and
Intended purpose ? Can share share for reference...

C1: normal use with flash, Av (lowest f), iso 800, flash hss auto sync, AI Focus, center point, matrix metering
C2: normal no flash, Av (lowest f), iso 1600, flash disabled IR assist only, AI Focus, center point, spot metering
C3: for anyone except myself, Av F4, iso 1600, flash hss 1/60-1/200sec, AI Servo, all points auto, matrix metering

What people set in their custom settings will depend on their own shooting needs. Hardly see how this will be a "reference" except for people who want to be copycats.

What people set in their custom settings will depend on their own shooting needs. Hardly see how this will be a "reference" except for people who want to be copycats.

yah i also see no point. no hard rules here, depends on each individuals... in fact i never used it :x

C1: normal use with flash, Av (lowest f), iso 800, flash hss auto sync, AI Focus, center point, matrix metering
C2: normal no flash, Av (lowest f), iso 1600, flash disabled IR assist only, AI Focus, center point, spot metering
C3: for anyone except myself, Av F4, iso 1600, flash hss 1/60-1/200sec, AI Servo, all points auto, matrix metering

So what is your intended purpose? :D

Then, why it is provided with C1,C2 and C3.

What kind of reference do you expect? These are settings that everybody can set according his/her own needs, predefining a (e.g. typical) set of settings instead of going through menus and using the dials. If you don't need it it's also fine. You don't waste money by not using these Custom Settings.

It is for frequently-used items that users use them often in their varuous shooting modes to save time and inconvenience and when they are required at the moment of recall.

Last edited:
C1 - None
C2 - None
C3 - None

Intended purpose: Slow me down.

for Nikon cameras has Shooting Banks A, B, C, D and Custom Banks A, B, C, D,
I set my camera to

Studio
Sport

so I can switch modes on the fly depend on what am I shooting

I find thus preset features useful, and I can focus more on shooting than always check settings.

Like I wait to shoot a subject with and without flash, I just turn a dial and shoot again.
If I want to be in the picture with the subject, I just turn another dial, pass the camera to someone to shoot us.
All this with preset "safe" setting for my needs just by a turn of the dial.