Used 300D or New 350D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

limyouliang

Apr 1, 2005
Bukit Panjang
Help ...My Brain is exploding!!!~_~ :D

what to choose... i completly new in DSLR.... but not new in compact cam..... i always like to take photo with dslr last time but no money that time....
now i have money.... dunno which one to choose ....

A Second Hand Used 300D for $600

Or

A New 350D For $1250

I looking for budget but also looking for quality..... doesn't MegaPixel really matters???

what to take note when buying second DSLR cam????

i scare i got cheated... becausse i'm new in SLR.....

Btw Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!:)

350D.You wont go wrong with that!

Totally agree. I am the user of both cam howerver will recommend 350D.

350D over 300D
1. Faster startup time
2. Flash exposure compensation
3. Faster read/write time
4. Better exposure metering
5. Better noise level at high iso
6. More compact and light weight
7. Eight megapixel CMOS sensor
8. Buffer increased (14 JPEG frames vs. 4 JPEG frames)
9. Flash pop-up slightly higher (just 5 mm)
10.E-TTL II flash
11.Selectable Metering mode
12.Selectable AF mode
13.Independently selectable color space
14.Mirror lock-up
15.Continuous shooting speed increased (3.0 fps vs. 2.5 fps)

well unless you can find a hacked version of the 300D. then go for it. the extra cost can help you buy an external speedlite or good lens.

yea is the hack version..... really headache between 2nd hand 300D or 350D or Nikon D70..... and i seriously like the grip and size of D70..... but......... the price of 2nd hd 300D really attractive......

get the 300D hacked version. it is really more than enough. use the extra money and buy good lens. :D

I just read this topic and hv already installed the hacked firmware. it's great! Can do FEC easily.

however, there are a few other things that the hacked firmware brings, but I dont know how to use such as mirror lock. Is there any guidebook or manual for such function of this version? (the manual of the 300D doesnt have)

Mayb you could conisder getting a used 350D so u would have spare cash for more stuff. ;)

These 2 DSLRs are different in size and cost.

used 300D - bulky but cheap. No flash exposure control unless you install hacked firmware.

new 350D - small but expensive than above.

Both cameras has fast focusing and capable to take good and nice photos. How to choose 1 of them is depend on you ... :)

get a used 350D. dont bother with new. u can get used from $850 thereabouts.

What about 400D? it is a newer model than 350D right? wouldn't it be better?

Help ...My Brain is exploding!!!~_~ :D

what to choose... i completly new in DSLR.... but not new in compact cam..... i always like to take photo with dslr last time but no money that time....
now i have money.... dunno which one to choose ....

A Second Hand Used 300D for $600

Or

A New 350D For $1250

I looking for budget but also looking for quality..... doesn't MegaPixel really matters???

what to take note when buying second DSLR cam????

i scare i got cheated... becausse i'm new in SLR.....

Btw Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!:)
Ever considered Nikon D40 or Nikon D50?

try the feel of the two cams - 300d or 350d.

both differ in size and i find the 350d, technically more superior aside, a bit too tiny to grasp properly. so factor in a battery grip. not forgetting if you use heavier lenses, the 350d tends to "topple" over.

I just read this topic and hv already installed the hacked firmware. it's great! Can do FEC easily.

however, there are a few other things that the hacked firmware brings, but I dont know how to use such as mirror lock. Is there any guidebook or manual for such function of this version? (the manual of the 300D doesnt have)

Bro, PM me your email and I'll send you the documentation of the Russian hack. :)

Sent.

I've applied the hack successfully and it's working very much like a 10D. However, I would like to emphasize that I will not be responsible if anything happens during the upgrade, neither will I be responsible for troubleshooting or any functions that do not work after the hack. One advise is that for any upgrades, please make sure you use a set of freshly charged batteries.

Have fun! :)

You got urs without Hack? Scary when you apply.. :bsmilie:

i thought about the hack since day 1 when i got the 300d.
but no balls lah. want to play first in the event i spoil the cam.
now that i have abused enough of it, it is time to take it to another level. :bsmilie:

thinking 50/1.8 on iso3200 without tripod on a night walkaround. anyone. :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.