Use what to clean lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yocoolboy

Mar 9, 2004
Hi... if the lens is dirty what can I use to clean it?

Can i use microfiber cloth?

Or must use lens blower.

If so, lens blower how much?

Thanks, me using P&S Canon PowerShot A310

yocoolboy said:
Hi... if the lens is dirty what can I use to clean it?

Can i use microfiber cloth?

Or must use lens blower.

If so, lens blower how much?

Thanks, me using P&S Canon PowerShot A310

Use blower (<$10) to get rid of big dust particles first. Then use lens tissue to wipe. Microfiber cloth for glasses may contain silicon. Will stain the lens. Anyway lens tissue is cheap. Ard $5 for pack of 50.

For stubborn stains, use lens cleaning solution with lens tissue. Very cheap too. Can't remember how much I paid for mine. Expensive ones dont leave residue or cloud, so easier to wipe. Cheap ones will do just fine too - simply wipe a few more times.

Virgo said:
You can get the Lens Pen from Konota @ Peninsula Plaza.

wah. Peninsula Plaza?! far sia... anywae nearer? what about the lens blower etc? nearer as in like Jurong area?

yocoolboy said:
wah. Peninsula Plaza?! far sia... anywae nearer? what about the lens blower etc? nearer as in like Jurong area?

go to any camera/computer shops. IMM should have those kits ard.

check at IMM le... Best dun hav, Daiso dun hav, Stationary shop dun hav, GIANT also dun hav... haha...

Go to any mini-lab, they'll usually carry cheap cleaning kits... don't bother using their solution, just keep the blower and lens tissue! I usually just blow with the bulb, if not, then breathe on my filter and lens, then wipe with lens tissue.

tingchiyen said:
Go to any mini-lab, they'll usually carry cheap cleaning kits... don't bother using their solution, just keep the blower and lens tissue! I usually just blow with the bulb, if not, then breathe on my filter and lens, then wipe with lens tissue.

giottos bulb blower... looks like a rocket, works like one too!

I use a microfiber cloth (MX100, ESSILOR) that i bought from the optical shop to clean my lenses. Cost $3.50. Cheap and effective.

tingchiyen said:

hi.. butwhat happens if i use their solution? will my lens be affected in any minor way?

yocoolboy said:
hi.. butwhat happens if i use their solution? will my lens be affected in any minor way?

I don't think it will affect the lens, but when I tried it on my Hoya filter, the coating came off! :confused:

oh so the solution is safe lah...

I suppose if youre not sure, the best thing is to ask them before you try.

Sekali like Justarius, 1 x polariser /filter gone cos of corrosive lens solution! :bsmilie:

If they not sure then just go down to cathay or whatever place which has slaes people who know what they are doing! :D

i asked them and their sae digital cameras can... but den is like it is unbranded... i figured out it's not alcholol (no cooling effect on my skin) and have tried cleaning the lens... what are the syntoms that will appear on my photos if the lens cleaner is bad and harms my lens?

P&S camera no need to clean lens one lah.... unless you itchy finger go and touch
just use blower to blow away the dust

yar.. i accidentally go and touch... but will their be any bad effects? if there is what are the symtoms?

If you really want to clean, just use your breath (breathe gently on the lens), and wipe with a clean microfibre cloth. If you have a blower, blow first before you start cleaning to get rid of dirt which might scratch your lens when you start wiping it.

Dirty lens sometimes = blurred pictures, or if the dirt is really bad, starts showing up in the picture, but it may surprise you how dirty a lens can get before image quality starts to be affected. And if you touch a lens with your fingers, clean it fast because the oily residue our fingers leave can etch the coating.

Status
Not open for further replies.