Use what to clean lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
?? There's a coating?! So if I use my lens solution will the coating come off like what the previous user had said about his filter?

yocoolboy said:
?? There's a coating?! So if I use my lens solution will the coating come off like what the previous user had said about his filter?

Those cheapo cleaning solution might. As mentioned before, go to a place like CP who knows what they are doin and it will be fine... :)

hmm... Mine is a P&S... Does the lens really have a coating? Lens got coating one meh? Then if really come off got any side effects? Cos I already use the chepo cleaning solution to clean my lens... but nothing wrong with my pictures... what are the syntomps? Please help... thanks...

yocoolboy said:
hmm... Mine is a P&S... Does the lens really have a coating? Lens got coating one meh? Then if really come off got any side effects? Cos I already use the chepo cleaning solution to clean my lens... but nothing wrong with my pictures... what are the syntomps? Please help... thanks...

I'm only guessing here but I'm guessing most modern lenses have some form of coating, to reduce flare, improve contrast, etc. Even spectacles have coating. If the coating gets destroyed, then you might see increased chances of flare, ghosting, lost of contrast, chromatic aberration etc.

I think you are worrying too much. :D If you see nothing wrong with your picture just continue as per normal then, but I would use the solution only if the lens is really dirty. Try not to touch it at all if its clean.

I see minute particles when i place my lens in a front of a light source and look through it. It doesnt seems to be on the surface. Is this normal? I don't think a lens can be 100% particles free yeah?

I'm yet to get a UV filter, gonna get it later..

Status
Not open for further replies.